Stopping by Sally's on the way home...Need advice!

localhost

Stopping by Sally\'s on the way home...Need advice!

Hey ladies,

I'm in search of a good deep conditioner, and here's the situation:

***I currently use olive oil or hot six oil mixed with any ole' conditioner - sometimes with heat, sometimes without.

***I need something that provides strength and mega-moisture

***My hair can't handle a lot of protein...for some reason, it tends to break easily

***I currently have lekair cholesterol with aloe, and that seems to work ok...but I'm looking for an alternate product.

Any suggestions???

melodee

Re: Stopping by Sally\'s on the way home...Need advice!

I recommend Elasta QP'sDPR-11. It is a deep conditioner that works well without the high price tag. Aubrey's GBP would be my first choice, but it is a protein cond., although to me is is also super moisturizing! Good luck and happy shopping.

JenJen2721

I've recently gained a new appreciation for Motions CPR. It does make my hair feel stronger and more elastic.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Ditto on the DPR. Lady Velvet Instant Reapir is good, too. It has protein in it (keratin amino acids), but it's one of the last ingredients.

Sweetpea,

I found Motions cpr made my hair really tangled and dried. It is a protein conditioner. Only Aubrey GPB is mild in terms of being protein but its super moisturizing at the same time. I've used this stuff alone without a moisturizing conditioner after and the hair was so soft, something I'd never had believed until I tried it. All other protein conditioners make my hair drier, even when followed by moisturizing conditioners.

For a mega moisturizing conditioner I'd have to say Loreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment (LUST). Its so good at making the hair ultra soft,detangled and smooth and moisturized.

Motions Moisture Plus is good at this too.

Allandra

So, what did you end up getting at Sally Beauty Supply?

localhost

Re: Stopping by Sally\'s on the way home...Need adv

I ended up buying more lekair's cholesterol b/c it was on sale for $1.99/ea
. I looked for the DPR-11, but they didn't have it, and the cashier didn't have a clue!

I've tried motions CPR as a treatment during my last relaxer, and it's really good at making it strong...but I think that's the reason why my hair is dried out.

Seems as though I'm stuck w/ lekair!!!