Still practicing: Loose twist & curl on 80% dry hair! *PICS*

Diva_Esq

I just wanted to switch it up from wet bun and straight flat iron, b/c that's been my life during this past 8 months of transitioning.

I :love: big hair!!

Sooooo, here is my attempt at a twist and curl or something reasonably like that.

What I did: I tried to flat two-strand twist the top from hairline to the middle, but they were VERY loose b/c I can't french-braid or flat twist (trying to learn). I twisted my hair in very small sections to the ends, then I put a very small perm rod on the ends and rolled about 1/4 of the way up. I did this to my entire head and slept with a satin cap on. I used Mizani Coconut Souffle to moisturize the ends before rolling.

This morning I pulled out the rods, untwisted and finger combed lightly with a little bit of coconut oil on my fingertips. I smoothed my edges down with Garnier Fructis Water-based brilliantine wax (my fave) and threw on a quick headband.

My boss liked it! :D

Thanks for viewing! HHG!

a_shoe_6307

It is cute! Good first attempt!!! I found that when I did those and wanted to get the Tracy Ellis Ross BIG hair I would use the Be Curly style cream from Aveda. It makes that waves lush and shiny and some how bigger, but smooth without the frizz. Even after manipulating the hair some.

Diva_Esq

It is cute! Good first attempt!!! I found that when I did those and wanted to get the Tracy Ellis Ross BIG hair I would use the Be Curly style cream from Aveda. It makes that waves lush and shiny and some how bigger, but smooth without the frizz. Even after manipulating the hair some.

Thanks. I really was free-styling! When I went into the bathroom, all I knew was that I couldn't bare to look at a flat iron or bun! :)

Didn't help that it rained here this morning and my parking spot is super far from the firm door. That frizzed it some. I'll try Be Curly! :) Thanks! :)

DID YOU USE IT ON WET OR DRY HAIR?

Fhrizzball

Very pretty. I can't flat twist or cornroll either. At least not well enough to wear in public. Are you transitioning until 2012?

Diva_Esq

Very pretty. I can't flat twist or cornroll either. At least not well enough to wear in public. Are you transitioning until 2012?

Trying to hang on with the long-term transition, but itching to chop around my birthday in June. I'll be 13 months post at that point. We'll see...it's up in the air. I'm anxious for curls with no relaxed ends. :wallbash:

a_shoe_6307

I used it on both. I use it on wet hair on wash days and then a little every night on dry hair when I re-twist it to keep the style fresh. It's a little pricey, but worth it because it really takes care of the frizz. I'll see if I still have the pic with my hair like that when I get home and post it.

Thanks. I really was free-styling! When I went into the bathroom, all I knew was that I couldn't bare to look at a flat iron or bun! :)

Didn't help that it rained here this morning and my parking spot is super far from the firm door. That frizzed it some. I'll try Be Curly! :) Thanks! :)

DID YOU USE IT ON WET OR DRY HAIR?

Diva_Esq

I used it on both. I use it on wet hair on wash days and then a little every night on dry hair when I re-twist it to keep the style fresh. It's a little pricey, but worth it because it really takes care of the frizz. I'll see if I still have the pic with my hair like that when I get home and post it.

It's $18...not too pricey, but not cheap either. I found a salon that sells it near my law firm. :) Thanks for the tip!

Diva_Esq

I like it - nice, tousled look....looks good on you!

"Being Nosy" - are you planning on BC'ing?

Be as nosey as you like, lady! :D

I am really leaning toward BCing for my birthday (June) or my year transitioning mark (May 2). I'm scared though, can't lie! What if I look jacked??????? :wallbash:

Diva_Esq

Your hair looks great Esq! Since your boss liked the look, tell him you want a spot closer to the firm door!

:lachen:I'll ask! :) I won a trial today, so maybe he'll bite! :)

Here is the pic. It sucks, lol but hopefully you can get the idea.

Very cute! And that dress is the bee's knees! :D I bought the sample size yesterday and experimented. Worked well on NG, but didn't bling like my other stuff.

sqzbly1908

Be as nosey as you like, lady! :D

I am really leaning toward BCing for my birthday (June) or my year transitioning mark (May 2). I'm scared though, can't lie! What if I look jacked??????? :wallbash:

Shucks I am scared for you!!! That is a lot of hair, sister....honestly, I think you would look great!!!

But I am wondering if you can rock the twists/curls until your natural hair grows out...

a_shoe_6307

Thanks, I love that dress!!! Oh and I forgot you are still transitioning. When you go natural it will look like it does on your new growth on all of your hair. I've heard from my relaxed friends that it doesn't look the same on their hair as it does on mine so that may be it.

:lachen:I'll ask! :) I won a trial today, so maybe he'll bite! :)

Very cute! And that dress is the bee's knees! :D I bought the sample size yesterday and experimented. Worked well on NG, but didn't bling like my other stuff.