State of confusion: I dont know whether my hair grew out or not.

BlackHairDiva

I got my last touch up Nov 1st 2008. I also got my end cut off. I had a full head of hair that was over processed in 2005. I grew the damage hair all out. At my last touch up, my hair went from APL to shoulder lenght.

I did a diva smooth in April/May 2009. My hair appeared to be BSL . I haven't done any diva smooth since because I wanted to get another touch up.

Tonight, I washed my hair again it appear APL again :nono::nono: my roots are curly and all but now Im wondering what to do. I love my hairstylist but dread getting my hair cut. I'm thinking of waiting until September 2009 to go back and get my hair done. In the meantime diva smooth.

Is something wrong? Anyone BSL/Mid back having the illusion of your hair being APL?!?!? ITs like I'm stuck at APL and I cant move on! I'm even starting to wonder if my hair is growing to slow! I also saw no sign of abnormal shedding.So I'm confused.

If your hair seems shorter before a touch up that is most probably from the shrinkage of your new growth.

Now if you're saying after a touch up your hair is shorter then either 1) you aren't retaining length due to breakage or 2) your stylist is cutting way too much. If it's the first, then you need to figure out why you're having so much breakage and what you can do to stop it. If it's the second one, then I suggest you ask your stylist to cut less, get a new one, or trim it yourself.

Back