SPINOFF ON: secret to long, healthy, relaxed hair

PART ONE
A)
Can someone please explain exactly by what is meant by a BOX RELAXER? Someone mentioned that it may be in reference to No-Lye relaxers ... is that so? Or, is it referring to all "store bought" relaxers that come in a box, whether it's No-Lye or Lye.

<font color="purple">I would say a box relaxer can be no-lye or lye. Box relaxers are the kits one can buy at various stores (even grocery stores) where some relaxers can only be purchased from a salon or applied by a hair stylist.</font>

b)
Why do these type of relaxers prevent your hair from growing long(er)?
<font color="purple">I never heard this concept before. Perhaps because of mistakes one might make there can be setbacks. And perhaps because all relaxers are not made equal.</font>

PART TWO
A)
If box relaxers are so bad, what do you guys consider to be some of the best relaxers out on the market? I don't think I can use Lye anymore, it causes too much shedding and doesn't get my hair as straight as I would like for it to be . I have a "BOX" of Phytorelaxer Index 2 in my closet collecting dust . I'd prefer to find something more affordable. Using this relaxer would mean spending $150-200 a year just for relaxers , hmmmmm . I'm not sure if i'ts worth it yet.
<font color="purple">I wouldn't know what are the best relaxers - I've only used one.</font>

PART THREE
A)

In your opinion, how does waiting 2 weeks help with growth?
<font color="purple">IIf you mean like stretching for 2 weeks, it would help with seeing the new growth more easily and the overall condition of the hair is better the longer we wait.</font>

Back