Specific Oils...

SiLkY_T

for anyone that uses oils oils like castor or coconut, how do u use them in which your hair is not so greasy? Also do all these oils really promote hair growth like i have heard? I heard that if u use castor oil that u're hair will grow at a faster rate. Is this true? ALSO where is a good place to get all natural coconut oil because i orsered some of that NOW coconut oil and it was a really hard bad smelling solid. I didnt want coconut oil that was a solid so i just threw it away. It didnt even smell like coconut!

~can anyone help?

Neroli

I currently use castor oil and jojoba. I put several teaspoons of each in my rinse out conditioners to help boost the moisture content. I don't know if it really grows my hair, but it helps keep it very mositurized. I do not use these oils as leave ins because they weigh my hair down too much and I just don't like oils/grease -- but they're wonderful in the rinse out conditioners. I have used coconut, olive, shea butter, etc. in the past and probably will again when I run out of the castor and jojoba oils -- I just rotate them around. Coconut oil in its natural state IS a solid -- it is like butter and will melt at when warmed or exposed to body head (like rubbing in hands). Natural coconut oil has a very very faint odor that is NOT strong and indeed doesn't really smell like coconut -- it is almost oderless (coconut milk smells like coconut). I purchase all my natural oils from the health food store and try to get to cold pressed, virgin oils. I hope this helps.

Isis

NOW makes an unrefined virgin coconut oil as well as a processed version. Do you remember which one yours was? Mine smells very light, almost odorless like Neroli said and it's in solid form, as it's supposed to be. I cook with it now and use it on my new growth.

If it isn't too late, you may want to dig it out of your trash and see if you indeed have the real thing...

Pure, cold pressed Castor oil really does grow out and thicken eyelashes and eyebrows and it doesn't take long either before the effects can be seen. I'm using it now on my nape area in conjunction with other moisturizers to see what happens there.