Sore Scalp with fine white bumps

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I haven't done much tugging and pulling on my hair but I'm having a sore scalp issue right in the front where my widow's peak would be if I had one. The scalp is sore like when you wear your hair in the opposite direction. I looked at the scalp and I fine a few white, fine bumps there, almost like the bumps you get when you hair has been pulled too tight in a pony or braids. I'm bunning a lot but I don't wear my buns tight nor do I pull or tug at my hair line. Matter of fact, I'm very gentle with my buns as to prevent breakage or undue stress on my hairline. I tried to snap a pic of the bumps but I couldn't get a good pic of it. I've been massaging the area with castor oil. Any other suggestions/ideas why this might have happend?

Beverly Ann Properties

It might be scalp pimples. I use to get scalp pimples indicating that my scalp pores were clogged with oil. I stopped oiling my scalp and immediately my scalp pimples went away and I have not had them since.

miss cosmic

perhaps the Castor oil is too thick for you; try lightening it with evoo or switch oils entirely. hope that helps.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I agree with what the ladies have stated :yep: I suggest clarifying, if not your entire scalp, then just the area where you have the bumps. Use a lighter moisturizer on your scalp for the time being and see if that works to get rid of your bumps. I suggest using pure Aloe Vera Gel. It's a great moisturizer and is great for your hair and scalp.

BLUEandGOLD2010

It may be an allergic reaction to something. Have you tried anything new or with fragrance? I know I can only use kbb unscented.

divachyk

It may be an allergic reaction to something. Have you tried anything new or with fragrance? I know I can only use kbb unscented.
I'm fairly new to this HHJ and have tried a number of new things here and there but nothing to speak of in the last few weeks. Scalp massages, moisturizing/sealing, etc is all new to my hair over the past 3 or 4 months. My scalp should be getting adjusted by now though. I clarify once a month so there shouldn't be any buildup. I'll keep a watch on it to ensure it's not an allergic reaction.

Iluvsmuhgrass

:look: What about your head scarf? I had the same soreness around the perimeter of my edges and couldn't figure out what was going on (hadn't changed products or anything of that nature...) I realized later on that my scarf was tied too tight. I'm a wild sleeper and I move around ALOT... I was pulling at the scarf by turning alot and it in turn was yanking on my hairline.

divachyk

:look: What about your head scarf? I had the same soreness around the perimeter of my edges and couldn't figure out what was going on (hadn't changed products or anything of that nature...) I realized later on that my scarf was tied too tight. I'm a wild sleeper and I move around ALOT... I was pulling at the scarf by turning alot and it in turn was yanking on my hairline.
WILD SLEEPER checking in for sure. I toss and turn a lot more than anything. I will admit that I tie it pretty tight to lay down the edges since I try not to brush them excessively. The knot is tied in the back though. I will keep a watch on this.