Sleeping in a Plastic Cap

BlackCardinal said:
I'd like to try this more often but I just can't stand hearing the plastic every time I turn my head--it keeps me up at night. I'll suffer through it sometimes to do a pre-poo or something but I don't know if I could handle every night :ohwell:

Try using a satin cap on top of the plastic cap. That will reduce the noise.

ekomba said:
lol i sleep in a plastic cap daily without fail yes the hair is always sweating it is in twists and full of mtg and the scalp greased with bronners b and b grease. it increases the circulation and stimulates growth and help me retain all my length. each time at the end of the week i undo a twist to check progress and i m stunned so i plan to wear my plastic cap everynight until i get my weave done end of july i may stay in weaves till end of dec:) Actually i never remove the plastic cap even during the day for the studio, on top of the plastic cap i have my satin bonnet and my scarf i always have it on we call it the baggy method.

I'm like Ekomba. I try to sleep in mine every night. I just started back doing this after having slacked off for about eight months. My hair does not stink in the morning because I wash it at least 1x per week if not more often. I wear a ponytail during the day. I have hair that is super dry. In the morning my hair is moist and soft. Scarves do not stay on my head, but these plastic Walmart shower caps do.

Girl, I had my scarf tied tight on top of that cap hoping it would muffle the noise. It stayed on wonderfully but that noise was still too much. I never thought I was that light of a sleeper, but something about that plastic right by my ears... :lol:

Keen said:
Try using a satin cap on top of the plastic cap. That will reduce the noise.

Back