Silky Finish on Relaxed or Press Hair

Barbara

Princess
Sometimes I notice pressed hair with a silky finish. I'm wondering what product(s) to buy to get that same silky look. :lick:

My sister has relaxed hair, and she wants to know if there is a product that will make her relaxed hair look silky even a few days after coming from the salon. :lachen:

crlsweetie912

I like AtOne leave in

& ol school Lotta body wrap & tap....

Co signing....AtOne was one of the first products I tried when I joined the boards. Good stuff, tons of slip. I wrapped my hair yesterday with only a little infusium an Star Lacio, and I have super sleek bouncy hair (I flatironed after the wrap airdried over night)

Flawlis1

Having a very good flat iron is important to obtain a silky look.... I use the Sedu Revolution flat iron and Chi Silk Infusion serum.

Dposh167

I concur on the good flat iron. My hair could look like hay...and after using my solia or babyliss it comes out with so much sheen.

Also having well hydrated hair before flat ironing helps. Maybe use a lil serum.

Marand13

I go through a long process to get the silky look, but I'm natural so...
But this is what I do:

*Start off with well deep conditioned hair
*Use a good ceramic flat iron - I have a FHI
*Chi Silk Infusion or another good silicon serum
*Silk wrap after flat ironing

RoseGolden

A good moisturizing deep conditioner> a nice smooth blowdry and a decent flat iron will give you that look.

Second to a good deep conditioner, I think the biggest key is to not apply too much product after washing or you'll get that greasy heavy look. Use a light hand and apply just a bit of the leave in of your choice and a few small drops of chi silk infusion or another serum like the Fantasia IC heat protector in the pink bottle. Blow dry then lightly distribute a drop or two more of serum throughout your whole head then flat iron in small sections.

Georgia

I concur with using a GOOD FLAT IRON. What a difference this has made for my hair! I currently use a Sedu Revolution that I bought from Ulta. I believe using this with just a tiny bit of serum is what helps the most. Also, doing a nice sleek blow dry prior to flat ironing makes my hair look even better and gives me nice swang too :) However, if you can skip the blow dry to avoid the extra heat, that is always best.

MissTripleChoc

A good flat iron, I only add a small amount of product like chi silk infusion then use the comb chase method to straighten and voila silky straight hair with swang.

sckri23

Im tried softee bergamot pressing oil diluted with cantu serum today, my hair was shinier and softer than ever. If my phone wasn't messing up so bad I could show yall.