Silica Gel Supplement

pistachio

I went to Whole Foods to look for hair supplements, and I found silica! They had it in liquid form, and capsule form. It's Body Essential brand for 16.99 for liquid, and 18.99 for 90 capsules. For the liquid bottle that i bought, it's 420 mg per tablespoon(a thirteen day supply). I know everyone talks about MSM, and I personally can testify to it working, but in my area, they stopped selling MSM powder, so I had to find something else. Silica, I hear is right up there with MSM, and at GNC they only sell silica capsules, and only have 11mg in them. The gel I bought has almost 40 times that amount. Anyone else use silica??????

SohoHair

I use Biosil by Jarrow (got it at Whole Foods) in the liquid form. I add 6 drop to my juice every morning. I've only been using it for about 6 weeks but I am very pleased, my skin is GORGEOUS:love: , smooth, glowy, and not a pore in sight! and my new growth is growing in soft, shiny and manageable, it's definitely a keeper.

pistachio

I saw that brand there too. Jarrow Formulas is a good brand. I use their coconut oil, for my hair. Best oil I've ever tried!

keluric

Someone mentioned that Silica can loosen the curl pattern of the hair.. I'm not sure I really want that to happen. Can anyone shed some light on that?

MsJellie

I use a liquid version of Silica too. I forgot the brand but I found mine in an Adventist Health/Bookstore a few weeks ago. I take a tablespoon daily. Hoping to see good results.

RainbowCurls

[thread=101143]See this thread regarding silica loosening hair texture...[/thread]

BTW - I thought silica gel was the stuff they put in those little packets and tell you not to eat.