Should I tell him it's a wig?

beauti

send him a pic of your hair and tell him you wanted to try something new and got a haircut :yep: then ask for his thoughts on your "new" do

Jrsmith

But what if you stop talking to him soon? Then you'd have told him for nothing. What is wrong with saying thanks and KIM. Do you think he suspects something and is trying to get you to fess up?

Probably. He seems to know things about me before I say them. Wish I had just told him at first. Now he's getting real serious and calling every day. Really should have told him...

tthreat08

I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's none of his business as you just met him on the internet a week ago??? I mean what if it doesn't even go anywhere? If it comes up later just tell him honestly..."I didn't know you yet, and it was irrelevant. I wear a wig from time to time". No need to be apologetic about it or feel any kind of way IMO. It's a hairstyle.

tthreat08

I have a friend who always dyed her hair red up until her marriage..her hubby thought he was marrying a redhead, and had a rude awakening when he found out she was a brunette.
She didn't think he'd care, but I think he was a little dissapointed...

So I'd tell him upfront.

Red head vs brunette...really? He was disappointed? She can just slap some more dye on there can't she? I mean, what if she was a natural red head and decided she wanted to be a brunette? Would she be allowed to do that?

Crystalicequeen123

I have a friend who always dyed her hair red up until her marriage..her hubby thought he was marrying a redhead, and had a rude awakening when he found out she was a brunette.She didn't think he'd care, but I think he was a little dissapointed...

So I'd tell him upfront.

Wow....That's a shame! :nono:

But men are sooo fickle! I've read that men marry women hoping that they WON'T change, whereas women marry men hoping that they WILL change. :lol:

So men can be real picky sometimes when it comes to the "looks" department.

I say you tell him EARLY if it looks like this "thing" has even the slightest potential to turn into something more serious.... :look:

MysteryMermaid

You know I always gotta keep it real.

I'll answer this question with a question just so you can see how it'd feel if he did it to you (lol)

What if you were so into a dude that you met in the parking lot coming from a nice restaurant and he was driving a brand new mercedes... then when you actually got to know him you were even more geeked because he has it like that. So you left other options in the dust (lol)

then you find out that was his cousin marv's benz and he promised to get it detailed for him and drop it back off later on for $50 (lolololololol! AAAAAAAH!)

giiirl. if u know u cute enough to get away with having short hair, tell him it was a wig because you'd have enough points to show that u dont wear them because you have to, and he won't be insecure about you.

OR wait til he see how nicr youe a55 is! (lol) :yep:

Last edited:

ManeStreet

Str8 up, men don't share everything about themselves until they absolutely have to. In general, men operate on a "need to know" basis.You really don't know what you got until you've already married him.

He complimented you, you accepted the compliment. If he had directly asked you, "Is that all your hair?"...then that's a different story.

If you wouldn't offer him the information that you are wearing false eyelashes, Spanx or a heavily padded push up bra (all for example's sake) then why share about a weave/wig. In the future, if you end up wearing your natural hair or changing to another weave or wig and he comments on the difference style, just say something like "Yeah, I like to switch things up". A lady is entitled to her beauty secrets. It's part of the mystery and allure of being a woman.

As long as you are looking good, smelling good and good company, everything is kool.

That's just my 2 cents.

Cherokee-n-Black

Get to know him better and see how shallow he is. Find out if he's the type of guy that really cares about hair or would really feel duped if he met you and it was not in line with the pic. If he is, probably not the guy for you. If he seems pretty easy going and non-judgmental, tell him at some point later after you've gotten to know him.

My 2 cents: in my brief foray into online dating, I was highly annoyed by guys who put up pics that were not an accurate representation (I swear one guy put up a pic of someone else--although he swore up and down it was him back in college). I also had guys tell me horror stories of women putting up pictures of them 50 pounds ago, different hair, etc... Whatever happens with this guy, I think you're better off putting your real self in the pics.