Should I Get A Texture Softener OR Relaxer

Hi ladies

I'm currently in a weave and i'll be taking it out sometime before the end of the month. I want to wait 2 weeks before relaxing my hair so i can give it a break and do a protein treatment. I'm a self relaxer and i've been considering just relaxing my hair about 50-70% instead of bone straight {i might consider stretching for longer or transitioning but i'm still indecisive}.

I would like to knoe if its ok to use a texture softener like this Just for Me on relaxed hair. Or, if i'm better off sticking with Beautiful Beginning mild relaxer

Thanks in advance :)

MilkChocolateOne

The texture softener is a no-lye relaxer. It comes with a base(active ingredient calcium hydroxide), activator(active ingredient guanidine carbonate) and sunflower oil that you mix together.

Texture Softener Cream: Water (Aqua), Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetearyl Alcohol, Calcium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, PEG-75 Lanolin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Sodium Stearoamphoacetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Citral, Amyl Cinnamal. Forest Green

Liquid Activator: Water (Aqua), Guanidine Carbonate, Xanthan Gum, Green 5 (CI 61570), Green 8 (CI 59040), Denatonium Benzoate.

Anti-Breakage Sunflower Oil Formula: Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Linalool, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Limonene, Citral, Amyl Cinnamal.

Soft & Beautiful - Just For Me! - Soft & Beautiful Just for Me Texture Softener

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
They are both relaxers, both have the agent that straightens hair. The manufactures use children on the box to try and trick the consumer into using it on a childs hair. They can and do have similar ph's to the "relaxers" used by adults

The texture softener has added ingredients that do not break down the hair as quickly, so the hair will not be bone straight. The box also includes a 1oz bottle of oil that gets added to the relaxer also. Check out this video: YouTube - TheTruthisHair's Channel

The Beautiful beginnings mild is just that a mild relaxer. It will not break down the bonds quickly. You have to know your hair and how much you want broken down.

These are both calcium relaxers so before to clarify the day of relaxing and also the next couple of washes to counteract the drying effect.

Pretty much any relaxer with oils or conditioners added to it will give you the texlaxed hair you want.

I tried Mizani BB lye in reg in the beginning and it left my hair toooo texturized in the back but it was perfect for the front because of the different densities btwn the two.

Good luck