Should I BC?Please Help!

sunshyne_krissy

I have been transitioning for about 3 months now and I have about 1 1/2 inches of new growth coming in nice an tightly curled and soft..lovely 3c hair w a lil 4a. I want to keep all the length (7-8 inches stretched out with relaxed and natural combined) so that I can continue to use the C&G method to keep my braid extensions. However, I am so sick of this darn scraggly relaxed hair!! Its too hard to be gentle enough to detangle my relaxed hair that is like a rubberband when wet.. And equally as gentle on my natural hair without me taking 2 hours to comb out. What do ya'll think I should do?
I want to wait until I can at least get base of neck length with my natural hair and then BC but I don't know if I can hold out that long. I want to give up on this relaxed hair so badly, but I'm forcing myself not to give up cuz Im too meticulous about having short hair and I vowed I wouldn't let anyone cut my hair but me :)lachen: we'll see how that goes). The last time my hair was shorter than 5 inches was when I was like 3 years old. lol I'm scared, nervous and so impatient. Please help me make a good decision!

It will take a year or more of transitioning for your hair to reach neck length (with average growth).

If you really don't want very short hair, then continue to use the C&G method to transition, or use braidouts and buns to hide/blend your two textures. You just have to figure out a detangling routine that works best for you. It took me a couple of months to work out my transitioning routine, but once I did...piece of cake! :)

The advantage with short natural hair is that it takes only a minute to style.

a YEAR!? I think I may wait to BC until then. That way at least I can have some hair to sho for when I'm taking a break between my braid extensions. It's just so hard to tame these tangles and use the same condtitioner on both the relaxed and the natural hair. I learned my lesson to never put a relaxer or texturizer in my hair ever in life. Thanks Cheleigh!

More please!

Back