Short texturized hair

H

HoneyRockette

Has anyone ever grown their hair out, or gone natural using a texturizer on a very short cut? Someone on another board recommended I do it but I didn't know anyone who had before. Has anyone ever done it or thought about it before?

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever grown their hair out, or gone natural using a texturizer on a very short cut? Someone on another board recommended I do it but I didn't know anyone who had before. Has anyone ever done it or thought about it before?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't go natural using a texturize. You are still going to have to grow out the chemical eventually and it is better to deal with your natural texture the sooner the better. If you want to emulate a texturized do, you can do twist outs to get a looser spiral curl than your natural texture. Overall the decision is yours. Texturized hair will loosen your curl pattern so your hair will hang and showcase more length, but your hair is still chemically processed.

londongirl3

ITA Organice.

Texturized hair is chemically processed. You cannot transition with a chemical.

If you are looking to get a straighter look, Try press and curl. Sweet cocoa did this method among many others.

H

HoneyRockette

Okay. I don't think I want to go completely natural though. I think I want to grow my relaxed hair out and get a texturizer. Is that still transitioning?

TinyT

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. I don't think I want to go completely natural though. I think I want to grow my relaxed hair out and get a texturizer. Is that still transitioning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you just transitioning to a texturizer. Congrats on your decision, I have seen some beautiful texturizers. Especially those shots of the ladies that get the silkener from the curve-salon. I haven't had success with chemicals, but this might work very well for you and requires less touchups than a relaxer.

Tracy