Short hair natural needs help styling

luzminerva

I have short hair about 1" most places 1 1/2 some places 3c mostly hair. I don't want to use any heat to straighten it. Although Caruso rollers wouldn't bother me though but I don't know that I have enough hair for them.

I want to wear straight styles that I can comb in different ways kind of like Halley berry styles when she was short. But I have no idea have no idea how to get it straight and shiney without the use of heat.

How do I keep it from frizzing and poofing what kind of styling products should I use. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm on a quest to grow it long but don't know what to do in the meantime :( .

Thx

bLackButtaFly

One of the girls in my office does that. If you want to do it without heat then you should probably get it wet out of the shower, put in a really good gel, setting lotion, or even a mouse, but be careful to moisturize before so you don't dry your hair out. Thenwrap it with those disposable neck wraps. They're awesome cause they kinda stick to the hair and to one another, so you can get a good tight wrap, then wrap that in a scarf, not a bonnet if you want it to really smooth out. I would do it a little before you go to bed b/c you want it to set alittle in case everything falls off at night. Or if you're open to sitting uder the dryer then do that wi/out the scarf. My mom does this and it always comes out cute. You won't get all the curl out, but the way your hair is it'll leave you with a nice wavy thing, it could be pretty.

luzminerva

One of the girls in my office does that. Do you mean she uses caruso rollers? If so is it smooth? whats it look like?

I want more of a smooth pliable with fingers style.

Thx for your help. I really appreciate it.

bLackButtaFly

Yeah she does like roller sets. I misunderstood your question. she doesn't use Caruso though, she sits under the dryer w/ smaller rollers, but not small enough to make spiral curls. I don't know if you'll be able to do it completely w/o heat unless you spent the day or night in rollers,ouch, and it will probably won't be super sleek, but i sounds like it could be cute. sorry I really misunderstood your question.

luzminerva

blackbuttafly I guess that makes sense. Thank you for the feedback.

Has anyone on this forum used caruso rollers on short hair then wrap it at night then finger style it in the morning with any good results?

glamazon386

bLackButtaFly said:
One of the girls in my office does that. If you want to do it without heat then you should probably get it wet out of the shower, put in a really good gel, setting lotion, or even a mouse, but be careful to moisturize before so you don't dry your hair out. Thenwrap it with those disposable neck wraps. They're awesome cause they kinda stick to the hair and to one another, so you can get a good tight wrap, then wrap that in a scarf, not a bonnet if you want it to really smooth out. I would do it a little before you go to bed b/c you want it to set alittle in case everything falls off at night. Or if you're open to sitting uder the dryer then do that wi/out the scarf. My mom does this and it always comes out cute. You won't get all the curl out, but the way your hair is it'll leave you with a nice wavy thing, it could be pretty.

I was thinking that. When I was a short relaxed head my hair dresser did that. She combed it all back with mousse and let me sit under the dryer. Then she curled each piece. IDK what you're gonna do with it afterwards but it should get your hair straight if you're a type 3. If I do it with my natural hair now it looks like waves going straight back.