Shedding buster, any ideas?

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
I have noticed that I shed a lot irrespective of what I use. While I was transitioning May through November, I was scared of waking up without hair but I still have hair and it is growing.

If anyone has an idea about controlling shedding, please post away.

Regimen for my 4b fine hair
2ice a week wash w/CON
aphogee 2 min reconstructor
deep condition w/Clairol 5x renewal for permed hair
acv final rinse
leave in = redken's anti-snap
s-curl to hair when dry & safflower oil to seal moisture
protein conditioner = redken deep fuel (ran out of Joico kpac)

Lindy

You're talking about shedding, right? Not breakage?? I think shedding is natural... not sure what you might be able to do to lessen it... maybe supplements??? Sorry; I know that was no help!!

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Thanks for the reply Lindy
. Yes, I am talking about Shedding. It doesn't matter what I do, it comes out in a heap when I wash. I wish I could lose just 2 strand or so. I haven't counted the amount of strands but it seems like a lot

Lindy

I don't know if this might help, but on my last wash I used Aubreys GPB (I went under the heat cap with it on, for about 20 mins.) and I lost almost NO hair at all during comb-out!! (And that's unusual, cuz I usually get a pretty good amount). You should give it a try if you haven't already!! It also made my hair feel really strong!!

mblake8

Hi,
I shed alot when I have gone a while without a relaxer. I have noticed that my shedding decreases dramatically when i use Aphogee Damage hair Treatment. . Are you taking Vits?? MSM is good for softening the new growth so that your hair will not break as much from the different textures of your hair.
HTH

loverofnaps71

SURGE is a great to stop shedding. I would use a moisturizer immediately after applying...

Otherwise understand that shedding is normal and shouldn't last too long...

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Thanks Lindy and mblake8, I use either joico kpac or redken's deep fuel and I still have that much shedding. I usually forget to take my vitamins
. I guess, I have to take them religiously now

LiLi

Using Nioxin cleanser and scalp therapy normalizes my shedding. I haven't experienced the shedding that most do when the seasons change since using this. I like the fact that they use natural products in their formulas.

balleryna

MSM is definitely a thot. but anothr 1...be sure tht u rinse very very very well. sounds like your routine and prod are grt hand in hand w/the ACVs...but rinse well too so u don't have layers of build up. that may make a diff 4u....