SHE PERMED MY HAIR FROM ROOT 2 TIP!!!

classi123

I just took an install out and wemt to get a perm treatment cut and rinse, she permed my hair all the way from the root to tip. I noticed the growth (past shoulder length finally:grin:) but its feels limp and thin compared to how my thick hair usually is, any tips to get it back or atleast repair the damage?? PLS!!!

Lady Esquire

Does it feel overprocessed? Is it breaking or extremely dry?

Next time you wash do a protein treatment.

Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee Intensive Treatment for Damaged Hair.

I hear Aubrey Organics GPB is good, I have been meaning to try it out.

Follow up with a moisture treatment. Keep us posted

classi123

It doesnt feel overprocessed it just feel light and flimsy. I think because my hair look like it was all NG she mistaked me for a full perm instead of a touch up...
What is a good moisturizing treatment?
Thanks ladies!!

classi123

The dominicans I dont have a set stylist. She usually listens when I tell her but I only went to her once before for a perm and its always after an install so its curly from root to tip so she thought I need the perm combed out and I was too busy listening to my ipod. I thought she was working it in a 3rd time but she was spreading the perm over my ends :perplexed

janeemat

It's very pretty and looks really healthy. Just be sure to do a good protein treatment in a few days.

berry87

Your hair looks nice in the pic! Just make sure to baby it, and do a treatment in a week or so just In case!

classi123

Thanks!!!:grin: Im trying so hard to make it fuller. I just think that if she didnt perm it to my ends it wouldve looked fuller and bouncy. As soon as I can I am going to start my treatments I wont let this mishap discourage me.. Any advice on what treatments to use?? I need as much advice as possible, I havent worn my hair out of weaves since 2003 :look:

sweetgal

Hey Girly,

Your hair looks great! Please be sure to do a protein treatment in a few days and then follow that up with some good deep conditioning treatments. I had a stylist perm my hair from root to tip almost 2 years ago and my hair is just now recovering from the damage. My hair broke real badly after a few days and it thined out so badly, I had to cut alot of my progress off! :ohwell:

I think you will be fine though:yep:

Please dont sleep on the hardcore protien and then do lots of deep conditioning treatments.

Lady Esquire

Make sure to clarify. Use a good clarifying shampoo:
*KeraCare First Lather and the other one it comes with (I forget the name)
* Infusium 23 Moisturizing Shampoo (for clarifying use)
* Dove has a good one
* Quantum (a cheapie DH accidentally bought me at Sallys and I like it)

Then follow with a moisturizing shampoo:

* Creme of Nature Shampoo for Detangling
* Nexxus Therappe Moisturizing Shampoo
* Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo (never tried myself, but heard its good)
* Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (never tried either)

Then do the protein treatment of your choice.

Condition (with a product that is moisture-based, to avoid protein overload)

* Silicon Mix
* KeraCare Humecto
* Nexxus Humectress

There are tons more (I cannot think of now). Do a search and look up other threads that have discussed deep conditioners.

classi123

WOW Thanks LADIES!!!! :grin: Thanks Lady E!!! some of that stuff you mentioned I have in my house... Well I will update you guys and my hair status... I have strong hair so I am hoping that it doesnt break off!!!

Lady Esquire

You're welcome. I just noticed in your siggy that you have castor oil as one of your staples. You may want to add a few drops in with your deep condition. And then, during your later washes, week 3, 4 and so on, maybe use the castor oil for your prepoos.

Moisture, moisture, moisture!!!

classi123

I treated my hair with Nexxus Emergencee and followed up with Motions Moisture Plus with a lil Castor Oil and Roller Set and It came out great my siggy is of me today 2days after the wash. Im HAPPY with the results!!! :grin:

Aussie

i hear u.... ya hair probably let u get away with it this time.... but next time u need to make sure its new growth only..... no matter how nappy it may look.... previous relaxed hair will always be relaxed.