Shark Cartilage = Marine Protein?

EbonyF

Hi! I have been lurking for a couple of months, and I'm finally going to "delurk" myself. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anywhoo's, here's my question, I actually asked this over at NC, but didn't get any real replies:

I know that there are a few who are taking Viviscal which contains marine protein. So is Shark Cartilage the same as Marine Protein?

Reason I am asking is because I see Shark Cartilage for reasonable prices here, and it is usually in a range of 500mg-750mgs. And I would rather take that then shelling out $55 on Viviscal.

What do you guys think? Also is anyone just taking Shark Cartilage?

Thanks.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jade21

Hey, Ebony....WELCOME!

I am really glad you decided to leave the ranks of the lurkers. It is always good to welcome new people.

How is NaturallyCurly.com these days? I haven't been over there in some time and will have to make a visit. Miss some real pals /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, to answer your question, my take is that it's "right church, but wrong pew" thing. Viviscal, Delinea, and the other marine protein supplements are usually derived from protein isolated from Omega 3 fish like halibut, salmon, tuna, etc. Marine protein can also be extracted from strictly seaweed sources, too.

In the narrowest definition, you might include the shark cartilage, but it's just not what we are discussing here.

~Jade~

EbonyF

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Jade21 said:
Hey, Ebony....WELCOME!

I am really glad you decided to leave the ranks of the lurkers. It is always good to welcome new people.

How is NaturallyCurly.com these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I'm actually not a super poster on NC, I'm moreso on Nappturality, and just pop into NC when I need to find out about vitamins and such /images/graemlins/cool.gif

In the narrowest definition, you might include the shark cartilage, but it's just not what we are discussing here.

~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've kind of notice that shark cartilage is fairly new and probably a lot of people don't know about it. But was just seeing if anyone did, no harm in asking /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oh well, splurging 10-15 dollars won't hurt me in "testing" it out. Especially since I've heard it's great for the skin also. I'll see what happens. And will be a super plus if it helps with hair.

Thanks

Leshia

EbonyF said:
Hi! I have been lurking for a couple of months, and I'm finally going to "delurk" myself. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anywhoo's, here's my question, I actually asked this over at NC, but didn't get any real replies:

I know that there are a few who are taking Viviscal which contains marine protein. So is Shark Cartilage the same as Marine Protein?

Reason I am asking is because I see Shark Cartilage for reasonable prices here, and it is usually in a range of 500mg-750mgs. And I would rather take that then shelling out $55 on Viviscal.

What do you guys think? Also is anyone just taking Shark Cartilage?

Thanks.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ebony,
Have you just considered taking marine protein supplements? If you're interested, they have some here: www.elitelab.com
HTH