Self trimmers/layers please help

spencd

Hello,

I was on the three month challenge of no trimming, which ends now. I went to the beauty parlour but got there to late for nothing more than a wash. Anyway I asked did I need my hair trimmed and she said just a little at the top the bottom is good. I am growing my layers out so you know when you tell them you don't want the layers anymore they just pretty much trim the bottom which means all those layers a top are ignored.

I would like to know when you self trim what aids do you use ie. mirror, comb, just wing it. One lady I go to trim to much and is heavy on the layers (which don't want anymore). Since it is not bad I figure I can snip my self but want to make sure I am doing it as even as possible.

Any suggestions?
TIA

BTW -beauticians are saying wow! mommie your hair is so long, or didn't see you in a long time. In my head I'm saying yeah cause I kept your hands out of it.

spencd

Wow I can't believe no one replied. I know a lot of people on here do not go to beauty parlours for anything including trims. Please tell me how do you trim your hair. Sorry about typos earlier. It should have said too not to (pet peeve can't believe I did it, guess from rushing).

Personally, I haven't self-trimmed, (sorry), but I was considering dusting, which is taking less than 1inch of hair off your ends, it's like you can't tell someone has trim your hair.....i'm not sure about self-trimming though, because I'm against trimming unless it's necessary.....I don't know if this helps, but I would consider dusting....do a dusting search on here, you should find some good threads....sorry I couldn't help.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I do Feye's self trimming method. I only use it to dust though; I don't do trims, no need to. Dusting is all it takes to keep my ends even :)

I can't recall the exact web addres for Feye's page. Go to google and type in ''Feye self trim'' the site will show up :D