Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Shower (clothing on)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Shower (naked)

Votes: 25 43.9%

• Total voters

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Do you rinse out your relaxer in the shower or sink. I'm wondering because I may take the pluge and want to know if it's safe to rinse the relaxer out in the shower (naked) or just wash it out in the sink while your clothes are on.

i wouldn't rinse out relaxer in the shower. i dont want all those chemicals running down my body.

right after a relaxer, my hair is limp anyway, so i dont have to worry so much about tangles from washing my hair in the sink.

I rinse out in the shower with clothes on i have a fear my hair will get tangled around the drain and i will be stuck sreaming for help.

Shower w/o clothes. I arch my back and very little runoff is in contact with my skin, or, if it is in contact with my skin, I guess I have just had no issues in 20+ years.

Always in the shower (naked). No unecessary tangles and it's just way less complicated :yep:

If/when I do relax, I've always done it in the sink. I don't know why I'm afraid of the chemicals running down the rest of my body in the shower.

i do it in the sink (or the ''corner'' of the bathtub). theres something about knowing theres something about a relaxer running down my booty crack :lol:

but i see it is doable... might try it next time!

Shower, no clothes. I have been self relaxing for years and the chemicals haven't damaged my skin.

I do it in the sink. I've always been afraid of the chemicals running down my body. I'm gonna try the shower next time.

I do it in the shower. I don't worry about the chemicals especially since I always wash my self too.

This is me too. I can not get in a shower and not take a shower, lol. On days when I co wash and dc and rinse I can easily get up to 5 or 6 showers.

Sink! Sorry I dont want those chemicals running down the crack of my @zz into my private parts. Sorry for the TMI but its true:look:

Wow after actually reading, lol... The thought of chemicals on my body never crossed my mind. I think if your scalp is okay after chemicals just sitting on top of your head surely you'll be okay when rinsing it out.

Sometimes I do it in the sink and other times in the shower w/o clothes. Depends on my mood at the time. I only do it twice a year so it is no big deal for me.

i used to rinse my relaxers out in the shower all the time. if you have a strong showerhead flow you should be fine, the chemicals sit on your scalp longer than they do when they are being rinsed off your skin. :rolleyes:

When my uncle put a relaxer in my hair, we used the tub of our washing machine. Lol, that was the only time I remember getting a relaxer at home.

Back