Robin Quivers Looks Like She Has Traction Alopecia

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I've been watching Robin Quivers (Howard Stern's sidekick) and she has some serious traction alopecia on the top of her hair. She has dreadlocks and the top of the headphones are rubbing her hair out. Should we send her a letter? :scratchch

JustKiya

You should! :lol: Shoot, give sis a heads up, or something - I know how dreads can slowly kill your hairline and you not even really notice it... :nono:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
You should! :lol: Shoot, give sis a heads up, or something - I know how dreads can slowly kill your hairline and you not even really notice it... :nono:

I think I might!!! :laugh: She stated on the air she doesn't have any black girlfriends! Someone needs to tell her! Geesh! I've been watching and it's getting worse and worse week after week!

Neith

Ah well, too bad for her. I wouldn't try and blow her spot up. Lawd knows she already has to deal with a lot of crap being the only black person and only woman too. Imagine if they read it on hair :lol:

She definitely has the resources to get information about proper hair care. She had a pretty big turn around in health a few years ago... she has plenty of money... she can't get to her hair if she wants to.

I miss that show so badly, lol. Haven't seen/heard it since they went to sirius.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Ah well, too bad for her. I wouldn't try and blow her spot up. Lawd knows she already has to deal with a lot of crap being the only black person and only woman too. Imagine if they read it on hair :lol:

She definitely has the resources to get information about proper hair care. She had a pretty big turn around in health a few years ago... she has plenty of money... she can't get to her hair if she wants to.

I miss that show so badly, lol. Haven't seen/heard it since they went to sirius.

That's what I don't understand. She really looks great now except for the balding I see. I dunno. It could just be the headphones, but it really looks like traction alopecia to me. I remember she was explaining on the air that blacks didn't need to wash their hair as often as white people.

I wanted to call up and tell them I wash/wet my hair practically everyday and I know where there were hundreds of black women who did too.

Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with Howard! :lol: I have Sirius and subscribe to Howard TV.

naijamerican

I've been watching Robin Quivers (Howard Stern's sidekick) and she has some serious traction alopecia on the top of her hair. She has dreadlocks and the top of the headphones are rubbing her hair out. Should we send her a letter? :scratchch

You can send her some Wen for good measure! :grin::grin:

SmartyPants

Don't invite her here!

With the way she kisses Howard's ass you know she'll invite him too. Then I might have to catch a case!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Don't invite her here!

With the way she kisses Howard's ass you know she'll invite him too. Then I might have to catch a case!
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Don't worry! I doubt she would anyway! She loves Howard and Howard loves her! Actually he is the one kissin' her ***! :grin:

CurlyMoo

I would say email her explaining what is going on with her hair and absolutely educate her on the benefits of frequent washing. I can only imagine what the locked head smells like. Black people don't know that people can smell them a block away because they only wash their hair once a month.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I would say email her explaining what is going on with her hair and absolutely educate her on the benefits of frequent washing. I can only imagine what the locked head smells like. Black people don't know that people can smell them a block away because they only wash their hair once a month.

Right?! At least for me I think it wouldn't smell so fresh. I wonder if that had anything to do with Jim Florentine dumping her? :look: Her body is on point though. :up:

msdeevee

Is it just me? after a while I notice many people with locks seem to have thinning hair line, balding tops? I guess the thickness, heaviness of the lock , the rolling to maintain the lock can start to pull the hair out from the root.

I'ono I'm just saying!!

She looks that good now? I haven't seen her in a minute would love to see a pic.

JustKiya

Is it just me? after a while I notice many people with locks seem to have thinning hair line, balding tops? I guess the thickness, heaviness of the lock , the rolling to maintain the lock can start to pull the hair out from the root.

I'ono I'm just saying!!

She looks that good now? I haven't seen her in a minute would love to see a pic.

:yep: I noticed the same thing too. If you think about it, it's like wearing braids for YEARS on end - after a while, the weight is going to start to stress the root, and if you twist, you are stressing the root even more. :nono:
The reason I have to regrow my hairline now is from the damage done to it from five years of having locs - and I didn't even twist them!

HoneyDew

I'ono I'm just saying!!

You know I notice the same thing. Not with everyone, but some. My sister’s boyfriend has locs and his don’t look like that at all. But I have a cousin with them and her hair line just looks thin. :nono: I have seen her tie is down tight with a scarf too, making it even worse. It is as if she is so concerned with the length of them, vs. the complete package. The edges need love, too!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day

I'ono I'm just saying!!

http://nymag.com/daily/food/2008/04/robin_quivers_of_the_howard_st_1.html

Here's another link to a video on Fox
http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=5.2.1