Ring in 2010 w/ Fly Hair Mini-Challenge, Starts 11/09

LovelyNaps26

Hey Y'all,

**Challenge begins First week of November 2009***

I've never done a hair challenge but as I embark on my 5 year natural anniversary (Nov. 6th) I'm feeling kind of blue. I'm not where I thought I'd be mostly 'cause of my lack of TLC. Well, if you too wanna ring in the new year with well tended hair join the challenge. It's only 2 months y'all. And think if things go well you can continue the regimine without making a New Year's resolution like everybody and they grandmomma. :grin:

Challenge:
1. Weekly Deep Condition
2. Take at least on hair specific vitamin/supplement ( i.e. biotion, chlorella, msm)
3. Avoid heat (blowdryers, flat irons)
4. Rock a protective hairstlyle at least 2 weeks out of each month.

IF YOU'RE DOWN LET ME KNOW!!! Please do what works for you!

**My challenge: moisturize daily w/ essential oils and or water, take my chlorella, biotin and msm along with my other vitamin staples, deep condition with homemade souffle, apply megatek 2 to 3 times a week.

Attachments

• leela-759445.jpg
    leela-759445.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 17

VictoriousBrownFlower

Is a regular multi vitamin good enough as far as a hair specific vitamin; and can I get a couple of passes for the no heat? I have to flat iron to do a length check once a month.

jasminea

Sounds like a fun mini-challenge for us newbies, so I'm in.

I will wash once a week and DC. No heat styling, only air drying and sets. One daily hair and nail vitamin. I don't do buns, so the only "protective" styles I do are low manipulation styles. I will be doing my flexi-rods and braidouts sets and the occasional banana clip/ponytail when they get old. I will attempt to find some type of non-bun style I can rock and still look nice like maybe a faux bob or southern tease so my ends will be protected.

If anyone has any cool tutorials or pics of non-bob protective styles hook a sista up!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I'm in too!!
I'm already doing this stuff, so I might as well join and get some extra motivation. :grin:

1. I will Deep Condition at least once a week.
2. I am currently taking chlorella, spirulina and garlic supplements.
3. I will avoid direct heat. I hope indirect heat is okay, because I need to rollerset every week to keep my hair under control. And I have to agree with Bronx Jazzy...can we have some heat passes?
4. I will definitely be protectively styling. I shall wear buns for every week of every month. Muahaha.

This should be a fun mini challenge! :yep:
And is that you hair in the attached picture?! It's gorgeous!!! :love: