Right Clicking Disabled?

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
I usually right click and click on open new window, so that I can open more than one section at a time. but lately the right clicking hasn't been working on this site.

Has it been disabled? are we no longer allowed to right click? am I the only one having this problem? :confused:

someone help me out.....:ohwell:

Last edited:

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
I was just about to post this!!!

I can't live without my rick click! LOL, anyone know what's happening??

x

BAILEYSCREAM

I noticed that right clicking has been disabled earlier today myself. Now, I am sure it has been disabled because some folks have a habit of cutting and pasting whole threads on other forums. I am sure some people know what I am talking about. I guess the forum admin have done this to protect the Integrity of our site and keep our conversations, fotki links and other stuff private.

You know it's funny because if people want to read what's going on over here they have to join this forum.:lol:

Why would they join LHCF when they can read whole conversations and threads elsewhere? I am sure that is the logic behind it.;)

Last edited:

BAILEYSCREAM

honeydrop215 said:
I usually right click and click on open new window, so that I can open more than one section at a time. but lately the right clicking hasn't been working on this site.

Has it been disabled? are we no longer allowed to right click? am I the only one having this problem? :confused:

someone help me out.....:ohwell:

Honeydrop215,

If you want to open more than one window at a time, you can still do so.

In the address bar at the top of your screen,

Go to: File
New >>>> Window

or alternaively just click Ctrl + N together.

lovelymissyoli

I've experienced this too! It's getting annoying and it's becoming a problem for me when I want to open up threads simultaniously. What's really getting me is that when I want to look in someone's album it opens in the same window where I'm viewing the thread and I have to press my back button or go back to this website again. :mad: I hope the mod's will step in and fix this.

JaneiR36

Ugh. It seems everytime you turn around another feature is being taken away from this forum.

We're forgetting what has kept a lot of the world spinning for a long time: sometimes you have to allow everyone have certain freedoms even though some will abuse it.

I haven't been using the "open link in new window" feature but once in a blue moon. However, when certain images don't load, I right-click and click "show picture" so said image loads. Kinda nitpicky with the details, I guess :)

Wolftrap

Ok why hasn't a Mod come in to answer this? This was also asked elsewhere on the board. I hope we get an answer soon.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Sorry girls I just saw this topic. As Baileyscream said this was done for your own protection. It makes people that want to copy and paste text to other boards more difficult.

lovelymissyoli

dimopoulos said:
Sorry girls I just saw this topic. As Baileyscream said this was done for your own protection. It makes people that want to copy and paste text to other boards more difficult.

I would just like to say that even though it makes it harder for other people to post information over here to another board, there is always the option of pressing CTRL+C and they can copy it as well…it just takes pressing a few buttons, instead of right-clicking your mouse. In the end, what good does it do to take this feature away from us paying members for our protection when we really aren’t being protected?

I’ve slowly, but surely stopped visiting this board as often as I did before this sudden change. I’m getting annoyed at the fact that every time I click to open up a thread I’m always redirected to another link on the same page that I’m trying to view or when I have to go back to the main discussion board and the links I’ve clicked on are no longer displayed as new. I’ve also been exiting the board accidentally because I’m so used to opening up various topics in other windows by right clicking.

I hope the mods will take into consideration that paying members deserve the features that they are accustomed to.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Lovelymissyoli,

Thanks for posting the 101 on how to get around this restriction. Now the novice user - which is the majority of the users on the internet (no offence intended to anyone) - will be able to bypass it and start copying and pasting stuff around. This was intended like any other "security" system to deterr the novice user not the advanced one. Thanks once again for this.

lovelymissyoli said:
I would just like to say that even though it makes it harder for other people to post information over here to another board, there is always the option of pressing CTRL+C and they can copy it as well…it just takes pressing a few buttons, instead of right-clicking your mouse. In the end, what good does it do to take this feature away from us paying members for our protection when we really aren’t being protected?

Can you provide an example? All the links on this forum work as they are supposed to unless you can point me to something that doesn't - at least for you.

lovelymissyoli said:
I’ve slowly, but surely stopped visiting this board as often as I did before this sudden change. I’m getting annoyed at the fact that every time I click to open up a thread I’m always redirected to another link on the same page that I’m trying to view or when I have to go back to the main discussion board and the links I’ve clicked on are no longer displayed as new. I’ve also been exiting the board accidentally because I’m so used to opening up various topics in other windows by right clicking.

lovelymissyoli said:

The mods and admins take into consideration all the requests/complaints/suggestions that our members share with us - rest assured. Our primary (and mostly mine since I am the technical administrator) is your safety and how secure the data that you share with each other are. I am sure that if you saw something that you posted here in another forum you wouldn't like it because it is information you provided and they didn't quote you. All of our subscribed members deserve the best and I am convinced of this. However if the features are to endanger your security or the security of the information you exchange here, or the forum itself, sorry but it is a no-go.

lovelymissyoli said:
I hope the mods will take into consideration that paying members deserve the features that they are accustomed to.

Now since everyone can read this thread and knows how to bypass this, I will remove the restriction so that you all (or some) are happier about it. If anyone comes to me with complaints about their text being copied/pasted to other boards, sorry but I won't be able to help you.

PhonyBaloney500

dimopoulos said:

I don't quite get that logic--I think the feature is mostly for folks who are OBSESSED with LHCF and like to read multiple threads simulataneously lol.

Personally I could care less if someone posted my secrets to the perfect wash and go (not that I have it lol) or what conditioner worked for me, etc.

Thanks for putting the feature back!!! :)

daviine

Although it was very annoying, I thought it was done to prevent people from copying people's images.

Either way....I still appreciate what you do for us Nikos. You're the dreamiest!!! :love:

BAILEYSCREAM

daviine said:
I thought it was done to prevent people from copying people's images.

Either way....I still appreciate what you do for us Nikos. You're the dreamiest!!! :love:

Well thanks Nikos for trying.:)
Personally, the disabling of the right click feature did not bother me at all.

Last edited:

BAILEYSCREAM

angellazette said:
I'm glad it's back up because I also like to open up multiple threads at a time. Thanks!

Actually, you can open up multiple threads without right click. Just to let you know;)

Carlie

dimopoulos said:
Lovelymissyoli,

Thanks for posting the 101 on how to get around this restriction. Now the novice user - which is the majority of the users on the internet (no offence intended to anyone) - will be able to bypass it and start copying and pasting stuff around. This was intended like any other "security" system to deterr the novice user not the advanced one. Thanks once again for this.

I'm sure the actual person(s) who have been copying and pasting the info. from this forum is/are not as dumb as one might think and could easily find other ways to do so....in addition to the method previously mentioned. :)

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Thank heavens it's back!

I just right clicked out of habit forgetting that is was disabled and was plesantly surprised!!

xx

angellazette

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Actually, you can open up multiple threads without right click. Just to let you know;)

How? I do know how to open up multiple windows (then going into each window and clicking on a thread), but not directly opening up multiple threads without right click.

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
angellazette said:
How? I do know how to open up multiple windows (then going into each window and clicking on a thread), but not directly opening up multiple threads without right click.
Me either.

x

dreemssold

Carlie said:
I'm sure the actual person(s) who have been copying and pasting the info. from this forum is/are not as dumb as one might think and could easily find other ways to do so....in addition to the method previously mentioned. :)

Seriously though. I don't think she gave out any real secret...that's the only way I ever copy and paste anything, and I am far from advanced :look:.