Removing braids - Crown & Glory method

LondonDiva

I notice on Robin's site she has a video showing how to remove braids properly. I can put them in OK but the taking them out always seems to be the problem. Rather than shell out the money for the video can anyonewho has either seen it or a hair removal pro themselves, school me in the best way to remove braids safely and properly.

Thanks in advance xxx

Irresistible

I had to rip through my hair once due to braid gunk, there was nothing to get that stuff to seperate and loosen up.....its amazing i even ever braided again after that. but i never had that happen again. i think cause i always made sure to take them out at 5 weeks.

AllAboutTheHair

1. Make sure your hair is completely dry. Don't apply products the day of or day before *depending on the time of day*
2. cut braids at least two inches below your real hair. Start taking down from there.
3. Once the braid has been removed, manipulate by wiggling the base of the braid on the build up part. (Forgive me if I am too simple).
4. If it is too hard and you can't separate, pull a very small amount of hair through one side of the braid. EDTA: above the build up part!! (Sort of like pulling hair through a ponytail, just a few strands)
5. do this until you can free up the hair from the braid. Stay on the same side when pulling. EDTA: Repeat the manipulate, wiggle, pull process until you have freed-up all of the hair that was bond by the build up.
6. Detangle with fingers first and then a large (really large) tooth comb.
7. comb through with a medium sized comb (both times you comb, start at the bottom (ends) of the hair.
8. finally brush through with something like a Denman or paddlebrush Denman knockoff.
9. put that hair up out of the way and start your next braid.