relaxer for type 4 hair -mild or regular?

keylargo

Below is a quote from Andre's book:

Type 4 hair appears to be coarse, but it is actually quite fine, with lots and lots of these strands densely packed together.

I'm wondering if I can get away with using a mild lye relaxer. I know my hair is fragile, but it may be more fragile than I think. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hi,

I am a 4 and I use a regular lye relaxer, most of the time. Although somemonths I do request mild. Depends on how long its been since my last touch up. I use Affirm.

-Monique

Affirm mild has been used on my hair and worked well, and hair can't get any coarser than mine!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Usually with a mild relaxer, you can avoid overprocessing more easily than with a regular and super relaxer.

I'm guessing it depends on what effect you want. If you really want straight hair, I'd say go with the regular.

thanks ladies! i think i'm gonna start with mild. i don't mind if my hair has a little wave to it. i bleieve when it's bone straight, it is easier to damage. if it has a slight wave pattern to it, it may be a little stronger.

Back