Relaxed Vs. Pressed hair for straight look??

BrEE

Is it just me or does pressed natural hair look muchhhh better than relaxed hair??? i've noticed that pressed hair looks thicker, shinier and just pretty much HEALTHIER!

now on to my question, do any relaxed heads press their hair on a weekly basis w/o breakage and still have attained length?

i'm 3 months post relaxer and have alot of new growth and was wondering if it would be ok to press the new growth on a weekly basis?? would this be damamging considering i would eventually relax ?

and by the way i dont use heat at ALL in my regimen so hopefully my hair will be able to withstand the flat iron.

I don't know if this would damage relaxed hair. I would compare it to getting a Dominican Blowout which uses a considerable amount of heat and tension and can be drying. I was always told that using a pressing comb on relaxed hair would cause it to break off.

Hmm, if you use a iron like the Chi iron, I don't think it will be a problem.

Why would you want to relax your hair after noting how natural pressed hair looks better than permed hair?

[ QUOTE ]
zora said:
Hmm, if you use a iron like the Chi iron, I don't think it will be a problem.

Why would you want to relax your hair after noting how natural pressed hair looks better than permed hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

i know i know, i'd love to go natural but it would take forever and a day to get the length i'd like. i'm almost at my hair goal so i'm holding off on going natural. but it is in my future to transition though. and even when i transition i want to do it by pressing the new growth.the problem is i think it'll be too damaging.

btw i thought everyone already agreed that although a ceramic iron is less damaging it's still damaging. and if i did decide to press my new growth/natural hair i'd only use a chi ceramic iron.

In my experience, my flatironed natural hair looks 1000% better than my relaxed hair ever did - shinier, bouncier, fuller.
smile.gif
Part of this, however, may be attributed to the fact that I wasn't an LHCF member when I was relaxed.

my pressed hair did actually look better than my relaxed hair. It was very straight, shiny and bouncy. my relaxed hair didnt get as straight with roller sets because no extra heat was used. With a relaxer you could probably get that just pressed look by flat ironing your hair with pressing oil.

Back