Relaxed, Natural, Texlaxed---hmmmmm!

princessdi

Which type of hair do think grows faster? I may be wrong, but it seems as though a lot of people with natural and/or texlaxed hair, who have done the bc, grew their hair back in a shorter period of time than someone who has relaxed hair. I'm relaxed and am trying to decide if I want to transition to be able to grow my hair out faster.

Although, I've seen some people who have also grown their relaxed hair back within a year's time.

I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

What grows faster (relaxed, natural, texlaxed)?

navsegda

princessdi said:
Which type of hair do think grows faster? I may be wrong, but it seems as though a lot of people with natural and/or texlaxed hair, who have done the bc, grew their hair back in a shorter period of time than someone who has relaxed hair. I'm relaxed and am trying to decide if I want to transition to be able to grow my hair out faster.

Although, I've seen some people who have also grown their relaxed hair back within a year's time.

I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

What grows faster (relaxed, natural, texlaxed)?

It depends on the person. It also depends on whatever products or techniques he or she is using. I'm relaxed and my hair has grown much longer and faster relaxed than natural and I'm able to retain the length (that is, when I'm not letting anyone trim/cut my hair) but when I was natural my hair wasn't short either.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I agree with navsgeda. A persons natural growth rate and hair care practice dictate more than the state of the hair. I think my hair growth has pretty much been the same throughout my life, but my hair was longer and retained length more when I was natural.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I think that the hair is going to grow at the same pace regardless. It's keeping the ends from breaking off/splitting that is going to help you retain length.

I'm beginning to think it may be easier to retain length on a relaxed low/no heat regimen, because the constant knots/tangles in my natural hair are causing me to constantly have to trim.