Relaxed Heads-How do you wear your hair kinda "out", but protected at the same time?

sunnieb

Specifically when attending outdoor events??? Is it possible?

Our state fair is back in town this weekend and I know we'll go one of the days it's here. I was planning to just bun, but now I don't want to. It'll be a huge crowd and I want to show off my hair a bit. I admit that I want to be the "black lady with the hair" sometimes. This is Dallas and we have so much unbeweavable hair going on here. I want to show some real black hurrrr dangit!!!! :lol:

However, it might still be hot so I don't want to wear it all down. I'm bored with ponytails.

Help me. :look:

Re: Relaxed Heads-How do you wear your hair kinda "out", but protected at the same ti

Well if its gonna be hot you will probably want to keep your hair off your back.

You could wear a banana clip or loose braidout. Both of those will show that you have a lot of hair yet are semi protective.

Re: Relaxed Heads-How do you wear your hair kinda "out", but protected at the same ti

Lynnerie - a banana clip would be perfect!!!

I'll try a few styles with different "outs" (braidouts, bantu knot outs, twistouts). I haven't worn my clip all year!

Lynnerie - a banana clip would be perfect!!!

I'll try a few styles with different "outs" (braidouts, bantu knot outs, twistouts). I haven't worn my clip all year!

sunnieb, the bolded would be my suggestions. Then put it up in a banana clip and let the length hang.

I wanted to get some banana clips, but everyone tells me they're "out of style". Should I suck it up and ignore them:ohwell:

Banana Clips when worn right don't even resemble banana clips. Quite honestly I've never mastered them, but...that's just me and my hair! I love the lok of slick sides and full hair cascading down the middle of your head, especially with a semi-pomp in the front! I use EZ combs to do a half-back look to get that "kinda out" feeling. Have fun Sunnie!

I wore my hair out to work recently while wearing a silk top!! I thought it was genius myself, lol:lachen:
I got to show off my length and not worry about pulls and snags, very impressed!
If it's hot enough not to wear a coat, it's certainly worth a try.

We're on a hair journey, but we can enjoy our hair on route!

I used to think banana clips were outdated as well until I saw them on this board.

I didn't realize the clips today are high quality. The ones I remember buying back in the 80s were plastic and something like 6 for a dollar! :lol:

I'll post pics of what I come up with. Might try it out today! :yep:

Sent from my SGPT12 using LHCF

roller set, curls pinned up in the back with a clip or hair pins, loose in the front. i need to get back to that. i would roller set my hair at night with satin sponge rollers to keep the curls in.

I love putting my hair all off to the side...with the length you can do caruso curls or other curls and have the very ends protected and still look super cute:yep: I feel like it's extra protected because I can see it:look: :lachen:

I airdried in two braids last night, so I dusted off my banana clip to experiment:

ForumRunner_20120927_085504.jpg

IMG_20120927_084926-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20120927_085848.jpg

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120927_085548.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120927_085548.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 80

sunnieb banana clip for the WIN!

looks good to me :)

That looks really pretty.

Love it! Now I wanna pull out my banana clip.:yep:

Looks good!

I like all of the suggestions - particularly wearing a silk top. You can the black woman with the fabulous hair at the fair. One day of out hair won't cause a setback - I promise. :gorgeous:

Lovely look!! Yay banana clip... somehow its like they always multiply my hair. Love them! Although they are incredibly dated. Next challenge is to find a trendy 2012 banana clip!! :)

Thanks @Nix08 and @havilland!

I'll try this style again this weekend with a super curly bantu knot out. :yep:

Sent from my SGPT12 using LHCF

Beautiful!!! Don't forget to take pictures of the style you wear this weekend too. Your hair is gorgeous!!

duplicate (10 chars)

Wish I had an album of protective style! Great pics here though.

sunnieb,Your hair is Gorgeous and thick!!

Back