RAVE: Paul Mitchell's "The Detangler Conditioner"

isawstars

I hate to say it but I am a huge PJ. So a conditioner has to be amazing for me to keep it... I am 9 weeks post-relaxer. My NG is crazy and terribly hard to detangle... I was in the grocerey store and saw Paul Mitchell's "The Detangler."

It reads: For medium to coarse and chemically treated hair. For daily use. Leaves hair smooth, soft, shiny and static free. Helps protect hair from harmful UV rays. An extremely moisturizing, fast detangling conditioner with Beta Carotene, a natural sunscreen. Contains the Activated Shine Blend of chamomile, henna, rosemary, aloe vera and jojoba.

I knew I was going to buy this immediantly after I read "for medium to coarse hair." I just finished washing my hair and let me tell you... It did a fabulous job! I applied a GENEROUS amount of this conditioner and detangling my NG was surprisingly easy. After detangling, i decided to use it as a deep condioner and put a cap on my head for about 45 minutes. My hair is air drying as we speak... it is 80% dry and is incredibly smooth, and soft! I can't stop touching it :grin:

Does anyone else use Paul Mitchell products? I'm going to look into this line some more...

Last edited:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I love the PM line. All of these are my favs:

Daily Moisture poo and con
The Cream (excellent leave in)
The Conditioner (another good leave in)
Super Charged Moisture - one of the best deep conditioners I have ever used. ( I have this in the large size that has a pump!)

I think I'm going to try the Tea Tree Oil shampoo next.

Honi

There is no board.
Are you talking about the leave in conditioner? Is this a rinse out conditioner?

The "Detangler Leave in conditioner" didn't work well for me. It felt really good going on but then left my hair feeling kinda sticky and stiff.

jasmin

I went on a PM shopping trip and bought...

The Skinny Line (shampoo, conditioner and serum)
The Cream
The Conditioner
Super Charged Conditioner.

So far I'm liking all of them.

krissyprissy

I have this and it was ok. VO5 Strawberrys and creme actully worked better. I guess everyones hair is different.

isawstars

Honi said:
Are you talking about the leave in conditioner? Is this a rinse out conditioner?

The "Detangler Leave in conditioner" didn't work well for me. It felt really good going on but then left my hair feeling kinda sticky and stiff.

The kind I purchased is a rinse out conditioner.

carrie

The Detangler is the ish! I love all of PM's stuff. The leave in is the only one I am not super thrilled with. I prerfer my Kinky-Curly leave in.

Allandra

Nice review, sounds like a good product.

I use the PM Super Skinny line, and I love it.

It sounds like most of the PM products are good.

deeplyrooted

I have been using this conditioner faithfully for about a year now. Next to my Aveda conditioners, it's on my top list of conditioners of all time, IMHO.

A_Christian

I use the Tea Tree Special Shampoo. Just yesterday I went and bought the the huge liter size which was a little pricey but it's just that good to me. Since I like the shampoo so much I've been thinking about trying some of the other products, I may try this conditioner, it sounds like it has really nice ingredients. Thanks for the review!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I love PM products. If I had more money to spend on hair care products I would only buy PM, but I cant...:ohwell:
But the ones I have tried are great.

Tanji

I use Sally's "The Detangler" knock off and love it. I add it to my regular conditioner and sometimes to my shampoo to get slip. It definitely helps detangle my hair.

Crystalicequeen123

I'll have to check this out! :yep: I have Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum and I LOVE that stuff! :love: It keeps my tresses really smooth and silky feeling. :yep:

I also have the tea tree shampoo, and it tingles and stimulates the scalp! :D I don't use it often though because I believe it is a clarifying shampoo.

I'll have to try this "Detangler" conditioner though. Sounds like something my 13 week post relaxed hair could use! ;)