Question: Mastex Heating Cap

bklynLadee

Okay...So I bought a mastex heating cap.
I noticed that it says that it has a removable lining...however the white lining in my cap does not seem removeable.

It did however, come with a shower cap...is that what they are talking about or am I missing a piece? The inside of my heating cap is white.

Also..can I use the heating cap without the shower cap? For example If I do an aphogee treatment in which they instruct to not use a shower cap.

Thank you so much!

Hey Ladee!

Yes, the shower cap is what they call the lining. Mine is pink. I put it over my plastic cap when I DC. It's not necessary but that Mastex does get really hot and it protects my ears and forehead.

If you are referring to the Aphogee intensive treatment, you are not supposed to cover the hair when using that. Also, the heating cap would not work with that treatment. You need to sit under a hair dryer. The treatment will get really hard from the dry heat. The heating cap would still be covering your head, providing moist heat. Follow the instructions for that treatment to the letter, it's no joke, but it's fabulous when done correctly. Hope this helps!!!!

bklynLadee said:
I noticed that it says that it has a removable lining...however the white lining in my cap does not seem removeable.

It did however, come with a shower cap...is that what they are talking about or am I missing a piece? The inside of my heating cap is white.

Also..can I use the heating cap without the shower cap? For example If I do an aphogee treatment in which they instruct to not use a shower cap.

Thank you so much!

I own this heating cap. It seems as if your not missing anything. The removable lining does seem like a shower cap but more like a bonnet. It is a thicker material and not plastic like regular shower caps. I don't know if it can be used without the lining but my guess is it would get too hot because the heating coils are right there on the white inside.

thank you ladies soooo much

The problem has been resolved.

Looks like im gonna have to get a bonnet dryer....sheesh with LHCF, Im gonna like need to make a shrine of hair supplies!:lachen:

bklynLadee said:

Thank you so much!

Where did you purchase your heating cap and how much did it cost?

To the OP: I hope you enjoy your heat cap. I have used mine two times already, and, I like the positive effects using it is having on my hair.

For the commenter who inquired as to where a Mastex Heat Cap may be purchased: I purchased mine via amazon.com.

Back