Question For Those With The Gift of Prophecy?

chicacanella

Hi everyone,

I have a question about this gifting. Okay, when I am flowing in the gift of prophecy, I will have words that just come to me and it was the Lord was speaking. Like, I didn't hear him speaking, but it is like in the bible where it says, "And the word of the Lord came to him." There are many verses like that. Well, this happened a few times and so I'm like shocked and then I tested the spirit which I probably shouldn't have because it was the Lord but the bible does say to test the spirits. Anyway, the Lord passed the test and he was just talking to me about things but I couldn't hear him but the words were just coming to me and I was thinking.

I can't explain it any more than that.

So, does anyone's gift work like that where the Lord himself is just speaking to you?

felic1

When you have the gift, while you are operating it is normal to wonder, Is this me? We want to do the right thing. Also, the saints will question the validity.Everyone does not accept the word of the lord when it comes. Even missionaries, evangelists and pastors.
The saints tend to put God in a box and try to make him follow denominational rules. It's his church, he bought it. Often, you may receive persecution because unfortunately the saints may be superstitious. They could say, Oh those earrings were a little too big for it to be God. ..... Just let it flow. You will be ok. PM me if you want to.

chicacanella

When you have the gift, while you are operating it is normal to wonder, Is this me? We want to do the right thing. Also, the saints will question the validity.Everyone does not accept the word of the lord when it comes. Even missionaries, evangelists and pastors.
The saints tend to put God in a box and try to make him follow denominational rules. It's his church, he bought it. Often, you may receive persecution because unfortunately the saints may be superstitious. They could say, Oh those earrings were a little too big for it to be God. ..... Just let it flow. You will be ok. PM me if you want to.

It was a little weird to me because these words were coming to me and it was God or I guess I was surprised he was talking so much but it was funny because as you said, there was a certain flow to it. It wasn't choppy like I had to search for them or think about it, it was just flowing and I just opened my mouth. One of the things that helped me is when the Lord gives prophetic information about a person or something that happes days later. It was like a confirmation to myself that all of this spiritual, fantastic stuff was happening and I'm not a wtich or psychic. I get information I couldn't have known through God himself. That's bananas, (in the words of Ashanti).

I think I am in training with this gift and I haven't told anyone about it though. I think it's pretty cool.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I have a question about this gifting. Okay, when I am flowing in the gift of prophecy, I will have words that just come to me and it was the Lord was speaking. Like, I didn't hear him speaking, but it is like in the bible where it says, "And the word of the Lord came to him." There are many verses like that. Well, this happened a few times and so I'm like shocked and then I tested the spirit which I probably shouldn't have because it was the Lord but the bible does say to test the spirits. Anyway, the Lord passed the test and he was just talking to me about things but I couldn't hear him but the words were just coming to me and I was thinking.

I can't explain it any more than that.

So, does anyone's gift work like that where the Lord himself is just speaking to you?

There's a 'certain' peace that comes over you when you speak God's word and you will indeed wonder, if it's God or is it 'me'? God will confirm, He always does. And then He will use you again, and you will wonder again, Is this God or is it me?

Or you may think, "I hope I didn't say the wrong thing". But Chica, you will notice that it just flows, you don't have time to make it up or to 'create' what is being said, it just flows and God always confirms it. :yep:

And then He uses you again and again, and again...all because you have not hindered Him from doing so. :yep:

chicacanella

There's a 'certain' peace that comes over you when you speak God's word and you will indeed wonder, if it's God or is it 'me'? God will confirm, He always does. And then He will use you again, and you will wonder again, Is this God or is it me?

Or you may think, "I hope I didn't say the wrong thing". But Chica, you will notice that it just flows, you don't have time to make it up or to 'create' what is being said, it just flows and God always confirms it. :yep:

And then He uses you again and again, and again...all because you have not hindered Him from doing so. :yep:

When I was speaking, I could tell where it was coming from spiritually. It was like, somewhere in my abdomen area and then I thought about the scripture, "Out of your belly will flow rivers of living water."

The only thing is, I was wondering how to keep on using this gift willingly and I read an article that said something about creating a plumbline to the water or the stream. Here is an excerpt:

The Lord began to teach me how to go down to that underground stream that flows within our spirits, which is where the inner anointing is. It is like an underground stream. You do not see it from the outside, but people know who know about these things, that if you dig in the right place and you go down deep enough into the earth, you are going to hit a gusher. There is water down there.
If you know the right place to dig, you can get down there and tap an underground stream, and tap into the water that is flowing under there, continuously all the time. You can reach in and draw out from that underground stream. And you can obtain water in the midst of what may be a desert, where there is no water anywhere; where there is no municipal water supply. You may be able to sink down into the ground and tap water out of an underground stream.
The Lord showed me that the Spirit of God within us, the inner anointing, is like an underground stream. We need to learn to tap into that. I am going to be dealing with that a little bit in this study, and I am going to show you how to tap down into that underground stream and how to set it up.

CoilyFields

It is also a good idea to belong to a local assembly (if you dont already) where the Pastor can help develop your gifts. Its not something that you should or need to try to figure out alone.

Isn't it awesome to be used by God? Like, Lord? For real for real? You wanna use ME? But I...And I...And I can't...But I don't...

Thank God for His sufficiency and grace cuz all he needs is a willing vessel.

LET 'EM UUUUUUSE YOU! *In my church voice*

ETA: I forgot to answer the question lol. I don't consider myself a prophet but I do believe we can operate in different gifts as God sees fit. I'm a dreamer. So it took practice (still practicing) to discern a prophetic dream from an everyday dream. But when it comes...it is SOOOOO real. And he does confirm it for you if its within His will.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
When I was speaking, I could tell where it was coming from spiritually. It was like, somewhere in my abdomen area and then I thought about the scripture, "Out of your belly will flow rivers of living water."

The only thing is, I was wondering how to keep on using this gift willingly and I read an article that said something about creating a plumbline to the water or the stream. Here is an excerpt:

The Lord began to teach me how to go down to that underground stream that flows within our spirits, which is where the inner anointing is. It is like an underground stream. You do not see it from the outside, but people know who know about these things, that if you dig in the right place and you go down deep enough into the earth, you are going to hit a gusher. There is water down there.
If you know the right place to dig, you can get down there and tap an underground stream, and tap into the water that is flowing under there, continuously all the time. You can reach in and draw out from that underground stream. And you can obtain water in the midst of what may be a desert, where there is no water anywhere; where there is no municipal water supply. You may be able to sink down into the ground and tap water out of an underground stream.
The Lord showed me that the Spirit of God within us, the inner anointing, is like an underground stream. We need to learn to tap into that. I am going to be dealing with that a little bit in this study, and I am going to show you how to tap down into that underground stream and how to set it up.

wow... a great article.

Also CoilyFields has given you great advise, to make sure to be under a Pastor with other members with the same developing gifts, to help guide you in yours.

The gifts in each of us in the Body of Christ, are forever 'Developing', the growth never stops unless we hinder it. We can't go it alone. We need to be with others for guidance and growth. :yep:

Relentless

Reinventing
I humbly say that I have the gift of prophecy too. I just let it flow and I do feel a sense of peace. It is so amazing. I also have visions about people. When it comes to pass, it trips me out. I will literally know what is going on in someone's life, and I hadn't even spoken to the person in a long time.

The most recent: I knew this lady was going to have a little girl like five years ago, then it happened last year.

So amazing... The Father, the son and Holy Spirit.