Question for those who had breakouts(MSM)

sweetcocoa

I haven't had a pimple in years!
cry3.gif

Anyways....how long did it take for your skin to calm down... and or what did you do to clear it up? I want to increase my dosage...but I want to control the pimples first. Any suggestions? Thanks!

My face was breaking out too a few weeks of using the MSM so I just stopped taking it. I'm sure your body will get adjusted to it though.
smile.gif

I was experiencing the breakouts until I increased my water intake. My skin is really clear now. On days when I slack off with the water I will notice a pimple forming and I just drink more water and it never fully developes. I drink about 140 oz. a day and I take 3000 mg of MSM. I weigh about 250 lbs. so this works really well for me. I hope this helps.

When I was taking MSM I also started getting HUGE pimples on my face and back (I'd never had a problem with pimples on my back prior to taking MSM..). It seemed like when I stopped taking MSM my pimple problem cleared up within a week.

I started using MSM again and in order to keep the acne in check I had to start drinking more water and using my Retin-A again
frown.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
kia said:
My face was breaking out too a few weeks of using the MSM so I just stopped taking it. I'm sure your body will get adjusted to it though.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
___
My face stayed a mess the whole year I took MSM. I only took 1000mg every other day but my face could not take it.

Sweetcocoa,

I'm taking Dr's Best MSM Powder form. I was taking a single dose 2000mg/day and developed 3 big juicy pimples. I've up'ed my water intake from 64oz to 96-128oz and I've divided my dosage of MSM, 1000mg in the morning and evening. So far no pimples
wink.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
SexyGyrlNY said:
When I was taking MSM I also started getting HUGE pimples on my face and back (I'd never had a problem with pimples on my back prior to taking MSM..). It seemed like when I stopped taking MSM my pimple problem cleared up within a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

SexyGirlNY, me too! I broke out on my face and my back, and I was like what's going on?!!!
confused.gif
Like you, I never had bumps on my back before taking MSM. To answer your question, SweetCocoa, I just stopped taking it. I'd like to try it again and drink more water this time - I was drinking very little water when I took MSM. When I stopped taking it, the pimples stopped coming almost immediately.

I really don't like water so what I was planning on doing was buying the VitaminSHoppe MSM since it's on sale for 50% until 4/30. However, I wasn't going to begin taking it until I upped my increase in water. I hardly drink any water at all. Based on what you guys are reporting, I don't think its wise of me to start taking the MSM just yet.
nono.gif

Hi Daviine,
As a suggestion, you might want to try adding flavor to ice-water such as a fraction of pure fruit juice or ginseng liquid that you can get at the health food store. I do this sometimes
smile.gif

Back