Question 4 My Friend Who is Rocking a Short Tapered Cut

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
My friend just got her hair cut short and tapered. She's had MAJOR flakes and itching ever since. I told her I had the same problem and that was the main reason of not going to the salon and not wearing a tapered cut anymore. I would have SEVERE itching from the products they used.

Anyway, I told her I thought it was either the shampoo girl not rinsing correctly, build-up, or the products they used, mainly the wrap lotion and spritz. So I suggested she clarify and maybe try bringing her own products.

I was able to give her some good poos and conditioners but I really think it's the spritz and wrap/mouse that's the culrpit but I have no idea which ones to recommend. I remember certain brands of mousse that didn't flake or itch as much and one was Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam. However, I couldn't remember a spritz to recommend.

I know we here at LHCF cringe at the idea of using spritz but she's rocking a short cut so she's not really concerned about long term damage.

Anyone have any recommendations of a good wrap/mouse and spritz for her?

She thanks you all in advance!!

Yeast infection of the scalp maybe? Tell her to buy some tea tree oil and apply it to her scalp ever so often.

If it isn't that maybe she has some form of dermatitis.

Yeast infection of the scalp maybe? Tell her to buy some tea tree oil and apply it to her scalp ever so often.

If it isn't that maybe she has some form of dermatitis.

That could be true with all those products. Good idea about the tea tree oil. I'll tell her.

Thanks!

Back when I was texlaxed I decided to rock a Rihanna cut with a tapered nape. Worse decision I ever made. I suffered from dry scalp only in the tapered area. I couldn't understand why it was only an issue in that region but I figured it had something to do with the tools used to give me the close cut. Anyhow I made sure to keep the area moisturized but I second the suggestion to use tea tree oil (either in a shampoo, conditioner or leave in treatment). Also I would suggest that she switch to a milder shampoo either with low/no sulfates. HTH

Back when I was texlaxed I decided to rock a Rihanna cut with a tapered nape. Worse decision I ever made. I suffered from dry scalp only in the tapered area. I couldn't understand why it was only an issue in that region but I figured it had something to do with the tools used to give me the close cut. Anyhow I made sure to keep the area moisturized but I second the suggestion to use tea tree oil (either in a shampoo, conditioner or leave in treatment). Also I would suggest that she switch to a milder shampoo either with low/no sulfates. HTH

Exactly! I think the wrap lotion is the worst because it's being dried into your scalp the whole time your hair is laid pressed against your scalp under the dryer.

Thanks!

Back