Products similar to Carol's Daughter?

KinksnCurlz

Products similar to Carol\'s Daughter?

This is sort of a spinoff to my post about my daughter's dry hair. I am thisclose (i love that word
laugh.gif
) to purchasing the following from Carol's Daughter:

Healthy Hair Butter
Mimosa Hair Honey
Hair Milk
Hair Balm

But at the same time, i'd like to find some products that are comparable and more easily attained via the local BSS. But because i spared no expense in my own hair journey, i do not mind spending a pretty penny for my picney's locs either. My goal, obviously, is to keep my daughter's hair extra moisturized and conditioned.

Any suggestions would b appreciated.

Re: Products similar to Carol\'s Daughter?

I'm thinking the closest possible thing to their products, would probably be getting your own natural oils/butters and making some concoctions yourself

btw i have all kinds of natural oils and butters and im still *this close* with you from ordering some CD products.....just cause i have never tried them and need to find out how i *feel* about them myself lol

I think you will love these products for her hair though
smile.gif

this w/e im going to order the "saturday morning special" set to try on my daughters hair. i think it has a lil bit of each product that you wanna try for your daughter and its only $30.

i agree with irresitible..however I AM a carol's daughter fanatic..(supposed to have been making my own stuff and i have)
but i use and LOVE her
healthy hair butter
some of marguerite's magic
herbal ocean shampoo
hair honey
hair milk

There are some kiosk booths in malls that sell a brand called Shea something or other that seems similar to Carol's Daughter's products.

Also see if there are any small natural stores in your area or a natural hair salon that might make/sell products to take home.

If you decide to buy CD products, I just want to forewarn you, the hair balm kinda smells (IMO).
smile.gif

I don't know if there are any similar products. But, I do know that CDs products provide more moisture to my hair than any other. When I used over the counter products, my hair would be dry again within in a couple of hours. CD lasts all day.

I am trying to find the same thing myself. I posted about Surges new moisturizer...which I am hoping is the consistency of the CDHM...but at half the price. If not I may have to make my own.

Back