Price For Senegalese Twists--opinions Needed

ladybug71

I'm sure this question has been asked before regarding certain braids, I tried to do a search...sorry...

Texted a braider to ask about Senegalese twists. Thanks to YT, I have done kinky twists myself twice. This go-round, I'm just time-strapped, too tired, ya, ya, ya. She asked me what length and I said it didn't have to be super long like how I nomrally see them, I was cool with shoulder-length. Was quoted a price of $220 (includes the hair), which had me like what?! :drunk: Quick opinions on if that is too much? Too little? Just right?

TIA!

ladybug71

Thank you ladies for your opinions! At first glance, it seemed like a lot to me. I know some braiders do charge that much and higher. But just for shoulder-length braids, not super-long, waist length ones, and not including tip...? :think: It's been awhile since I've paid someone to do my hair at a salon. The last time I got kinky twists, she charged me $100, but since moved out of state. :(

Blue_Berry

I paid $180 for shoulder length medium size Senegalese Twists. I did pay near $300 awhile back for small size long Senegalese Twists. I thought it was well worth it though, because she did a neat and professional beautiful job on the twists.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I paid $180 for shoulder length medium size Senegalese Twists. I did pay near $300 awhile back for small size long Senegalese Twists. I thought it was well worth it though, because she did a neat and professional beautiful job on the twists.
Wow I bet they look nice, how many twists did you get installed? How long will you keep them in? How does the hair feel...soft? Some hair feels scratchy.

Britt

I pay about $120 if I bring the hair. Otherwise it’s more like $150. Another spot I went to charged me I think about $180, that was hair included.

Blue_Berry

Wow I bet they look nice, how many twists did you get installed? How long will you keep them in? How does the hair feel...soft? Some hair feels scratchy.

I’m not sure how to answer the question about the installation, but the first
lady that did my hair with shoulder length meduim size twists didn’t take that long. I keep it in for 6 weeks, but the other one that was longer hairstyle I keep in for 10 weeks max.

I used an applicator bottle to dilute my shampoo and conditioner to wash my hair when needed. I use apply JBCO on my scalp. Use braid spray to moisture my hair.