Prenatal Vitamins

SparklingFlame

I have been taking my prenatal vits for some months now being as I am due in April. Now, I keep reading in here about all these vits that are being taken and all the wild hair growth that has been gotten from them plus the MTG. I just started with my MTG reigmen and I didn't even think about what my prenatals might be adding to the mix. Do you all think I may get even more growth action w/ the combo of the 2? Thanks!
Peace!

KiSseS03

I've read numerous times that it's not the pre-natal vitamins, but the hormonal changes in a woman's body during pregnancy that cause hair to grow faster.

Sistaslick

exactly, and after delivery and when the pregnancy hormones drop off back to normal-- that postpartum shedding tends to kick in regardless of the vitamins and it ain't nothing nice. Be careful girl, I don't know--is MTG safe to use during pregnancy? :bud:

oglorious1

Mixologist
Sistaslick said:
exactly, and after delivery and when the pregnancy hormones drop off back to normal-- that postpartum shedding tends to kick in regardless of the vitamins and it ain't nothing nice. Be careful girl, I don't know--is MTG safe to use during pregnancy? :bud:

Ditto what she said....you're pregnant hold off on the MTG??? for the baby's sake...

HIJACK....uhhh Sistaslick...what's you regiman give up the goods, your hair is fantabulous!!

neonbright

I had to take prenatals for almost a year after the birth of my daughter, due to health problems. But I did not have any shading at all, just more growth. When it was all said and done, my hair was below the bra strap, but now it is 2-3 inches below my shoulder may let it get longer later. But prenatals do not need to be mixed with any other vitamins.

PinkAngel

Hi Naturallady,

I am also expecting and due in March. I was so tempted to order the MTG, but am afraid to use it while pregnant. Even though I think the disclaimer states it is not harmful to humans. To my knowledge it hasn't been approved by the FDA for humans. I'll wait until after the baby's born maybe even another year after that b/c I plan to breastfeed.

Just something to think about.:)

Southernbella.

naturallady said:
I have been taking my prenatal vits for some months now being as I am due in April. Now, I keep reading in here about all these vits that are being taken and all the wild hair growth that has been gotten from them plus the MTG. I just started with my MTG reigmen and I didn't even think about what my prenatals might be adding to the mix. Do you all think I may get even more growth action w/ the combo of the 2? Thanks!
Peace!

Congrats! When I was pg, I couldn't take prenatals because I had serious morning sickness. I was only able to take Flintstone vitamins, and I had a TON of hair growth. Like others have said, I think it's the hormones.

SparklingFlame

Oh yeah girl I thought about it hard. I went out and bought it and looked at the active ingredients which is sulfer and I don't think sulfer is all that harmful. When I opened up the bottle to smell it it smelled just like Glovers mane that my mother used on my hair as a child. So I said what the heck. We put so many harmful chemicals on our bodys anyway so I really didn't see much difference. With my first 2 children I put the creamy crack on my head and we know for a FACT it has poisions in it so I figured it couldn't be any worse.

SparklingFlame

Thanks Lauren450. Girl my hormones this time around only made me sick and break out so bad I looked like I had the measles!! I'm still scarred from all those bumps on my face, neck, back and even UNDER my chin. What the h-- is going on, I don't know. I don't think my hormones will be co-operating this pg to give me long hair! :lol:

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
Sometimes things that aren't harmful to us after we are born, ARE harmful to a developing fetus. I read that sulfur IS harmful. I wouldn't use MTG until after I had the baby.

SocialWorker29

I don't know if it's just me, but the prenatal vitamins seem to make me more nauseous than ever, I hope it pays off it terms of hair growth. IA that the hair growth may also just come from the hormonal changes.

SparklingFlame

Thanks ladies for all your concern and advise. While there are always conflicting opinions on whats good to have and whats not, I think I'll just wait until after the child is born and take up where I left off with the MTG. Thats a looong wait but better safe than sorry!;)