Pre-Poo without the Poo? (DC only after oil treatment?)

Glib Gurl

I've recently become in :love: with Global Beauty's pre-shampoo oil treatment . . . so much so that I find myself shampooing a lot more than I used to. (Before I would only shampoo once every 10 days or so with several DCs in between.) While I love the oil treatment (I just put it on dry hair under a cap overnight and let it work while I'm sleeping), I feel like I am shampooing too often now . . . so I'm wondering, is it okay to do a pre-poo oil treatment and then go straight to the deep conditioning? Or will it leave my hair oily/sticky?

Thanks!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
If your hair doesn't feel stripped after shampooing, I wouldn't worry about using it so often. There are members here who shampoo every day :yep:
There are also members who dc and/or co wash after doing HOT's and other oil pre poos, so that would be fine too :D

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
OP I do this all the time. I pre poo with oil and I will either cowash or dc. So I prepoo without using poo alot. I shampoo about once a week now.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
IA: With the Posters.

I am Doing the exact same thing Right Now. I am using Phyto Pre-Poo (Phytopolliene) Botanical Scalp Stimulant (oil). I will go directly into Co-Washing and DC'ing.

I think it is a great idea and will help to combat dryness/harshness from Shampoo.:yep:

msa

I do that all the time since I don't actually own shampoo. The conditioner gets the oil out just fine.