Prayer Scam Against President Obama... "No Way"

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
There's a T-Shirt in the midst which says 'Pray for Obama' - Psalm 109.

Please know this scripture and what it says. Folks 'unaware' are taking this T-Shirt message at 'face 'only' value' and have been scammed by this mis-use of scripture. It's not only cruel, but it's not the heart of God.

I may not be in agreement with our President's platform, but I still 'love' him as our President and I would not wish or pray this upon him or his family.

This is Psalm 109: 8-13

8 Let his years be few; let someone else take his position
9 May his children become fatherless, and his wife a widow
10 May his children wander as beggars and be driven from their ruined homes.
11 May creditors seize his entire estate, and strangers take all he has earned.
12 Let no one be kind to him; let no one pity his fatherless children.
13 May all his offspring die. May his family name be blotted out in a single generation..

This scripture is indeed in the Bible, but it is being mis-appropriated in the same manner as slave owners used scripture to justify slavery.

In the name of Jesus, I come agaInst the schemes of those who wish to harm him in any manner or intent thereof. These wicked prayers shall not prevail against him; nor shall any life be given their utterance.

If nothing more, my prayer is for President Obama to follow the heart of Jesus and not succomb to the pressures of the corruption of our government.

He can indeed be more effective for the Lord than any other president who has existed. For the prayers of the righteous availeth much and our prayers shall indeed do just so... availeth much to the perfect will of God who is Lord of All and rules all of Heaven and earth.

No harm shall come to our President, instead he shall grow and prosper in strength and in the perfect will and power of the Lord which shall render the hearts of those against him, powerless.

The Lord is God and it is He is rules and not man. In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.

Attachments

• Prayer Scam for President Obama.jpg
    Prayer Scam for President Obama.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 24
In The Name Of JESUS The CHRIST, The Only Begotten SON Of GOD,

I rebuke this ungodly interpretation of the Holy Scriptures.

Amen, Amen, Amen!

Prudent1

That's pretty pathetic and very twisted to boot:naughty:. I do not agree with many of the current administration's views either but to take scripture out of context:nono: and pray for someone's demise under the guise of scripture:nono:. I do not/did not pray for any of the former president's demise and will not take place in this foolishness either.:nono:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thanks everyone. Please share this with those you know. What these folks don't realize is that in Psalm 109 they are actually praying against themselves.

The following verses from Psalm 109 are what the Lord blessed me with during a time when I was undergoing great persecution for living my faith in God. I had family members whom I love dearly come against me horribly as if I were the enemy.

And God gave me this from Psalm 109:4-5...

For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.
And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

I'm ready to shout because this scripture speaks exactly what I was going through and all 'for my love'.

For my love.... my family scorned and hated me. I was praying for them, ministering to them and living 'Right' before God, growing in my relationship with Him. I loved them and yet... they hated me, for my love. Yet.....

Yet..... Yet..... by the Holy Spirit of God..... I gave myself unto prayer and in turn grew more stronger and loving in the Lord.

The folks behind this "T-Shirt' strategy against President Obama, didn't make note as to why the verses 8-13, were written. Those verses (8-13) were written as a result of the verses prior. "For my love... they hated me, they have become my adversaries ....

These folks with the 'T-Shirt' strategy have come against themselves and they don't even know it. Look at this from Psalm 109:29-31

Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.

I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.

For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

President Obama is a man of heart who loves all people and he's trying to make 'everyone' happy. Of course much of what he has done is compromise and much does not comply with the word of God. I make absolutely no excuses for him...none. :nono:

However, the prayers that he needs is for 'backbone' to stand firm for what's the right path of God and not care about what man may say or do unto him. He needs the prayers to uphold the laws of the Lord and not the laws and foolishness of man. God will surely honor these prayers above those of those, his adversaries who have tried to pray a curse upon him which cannot prevail.

The truth is this. As long as his skin is black, he's going to be 'wrong' to those who hate black skin, no matter what he does. And to those who oppose him, period, he will never, ever be able to please them.

None of us will ever be able to please everyone. Which is why it is wiser and far better to please God and not man. For if I am to be opposed, let it be for Righteousness and for the Lord Jesus Christ. And this is where our prayers belong for President Obama. That he strives to please God and not man. For in pleasing God, he will be doing the very best that this country needs in the first place.

A man, a woman, a country that pleases the Lord, always prospers, survives and has a strong tower of protection.

We can't even get folks to agree on hair color or product use, so how on earth can we expect an entire country to agree with one man as President?

Again, our prayers are for President Obama to turn away from the unstable whims of man and choose instead to please God. Look what happens when he does...

This scipture below is so befitting to pray for him and for any man or woman for that matter. We all know this...

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the COUNSEL OF THE UNGODLY, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper ............

....... For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. --- Psalm 1:1-3, and 6

As Christians we cannot walk in the counsel of the ungodly, therefore the heart of our President must be turned to honor the full order of God... not in part.

Unto to God we praise and thank Him for the heart of our President turned completely unto Him....

You are wonderful, and while everyone watches, you store up blessings for all who honor and trust you. ---- Psalm 31:19 CEV

Hmmmmmm, :yep: While everyone watches... even our enemies and those who scorn, God will bless those who honor and trusts in Him.

In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.

Blessings everyone.... :kiss:

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

There's a T-Shirt in the midst which says 'Pray for Obama' - Psalm 109.

Please know this scripture and what it says. Folks 'unaware' are taking this T-Shirt message at 'face 'only' value' and have been scammed by this mis-use of scripture. It's not only cruel, but it's not the heart of God.

I may not be in agreement with our President's platform, but I still 'love' him as our President and I would not wish or pray this upon him or his family.

This is Psalm 109: 8-13

8 Let his years be few; let someone else take his position
9 May his children become fatherless, and his wife a widow
10 May his children wander as beggars and be driven from their ruined homes.
11 May creditors seize his entire estate, and strangers take all he has earned.
12 Let no one be kind to him; let no one pity his fatherless children.
13 May all his offspring die. May his family name be blotted out in a single generation..

This scripture is indeed in the Bible, but it is being mis-appropriated in the same manner as slave owners used scripture to justify slavery.

In the name of Jesus, I come agaInst the schemes of those who wish to harm him in any manner or intent thereof. These wicked prayers shall not prevail against him; nor shall any life be given their utterance.

If nothing more, my prayer is for President Obama to follow the heart of Jesus and not succomb to the pressures of the corruption of our government.

He can indeed be more effective for the Lord than any other president who has existed. For the prayers of the righteous availeth much and our prayers shall indeed do just so... availeth much to the perfect will of God who is Lord of All and rules all of Heaven and earth.

No harm shall come to our President, instead he shall grow and prosper in strength and in the perfect will and power of the Lord which shall render the hearts of those against him, powerless.

The Lord is God and it is He is rules and not man. In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.

Amen. I stand strong and fervently pray with you Shimmie

This is horrible. As I read this I felt a great pain in my heart. People are sick.

Shimmie

Staff member
This is so sad...I will pass this is on to family and friends.

Amen. I stand strong and fervently pray with you Shimmie

This is horrible. As I read this I felt a great pain in my heart. People are sick.

Amen Ladies. It pains me too, because no matter what his platform is, he's still a part of us. I've always felt this about President Obama, long before he began his campaign.

I feel in my heart that he is truly calling out for our prayers to protect him. He wants to do right by God and he shall.

beaux cheveux

The Real Irony of Psalm 109

November 23, 2009
Posted by an Editor
Psalm 109 doesn't mean what Obama haters think it means -- but the opposite.

by NewDealer, Daily Kos
Reprinted in full under DailyKos open use policy
We’ve seen a lot of comment about a new twist on the right, a whole campaign (t- shirts, bumper stickers, e-mails and more) all built on the biblical passage in Psalms 109 which says in part:
May his days be few;
may another seize his position.
May his children be orphans,
and his wife a widow.

Many have pointed out that this campaign seems to imply the urgent need to eliminate President Barack Obama at the earliest opportunity by any means necessary, (you can figure out the rest).
But what is Psalm 109 really about?
In Psalm 109, King David, who is a major figure in the Old Testament is lamenting. He says:
For wicked and deceitful mouths are opened against me,
speaking against me with lying tongues.
They beset me with words of hate,
and attack me without cause.
In return for my love they accuse me,
even while I make prayer for them.
So they reward me evil for good,
and hatred for my love.

For wicked and deceitful mouths are opened against me? He goes on:
They say, Appoint a wicked man against him;
let an accuser stand on his right.
When he is tried, let him be found guilty;
let his prayer be counted as sin.
May his days be few;
may another seize his position.
May his children be orphans,
and his wife a widow.
May his children wander about and beg;
may they be driven out of the ruins they inhabit.
May the creditor seize all that he has;
may strangers plunder the fruits of his toil.

And then King David says,
Help me, O Lord my God!
Save me according to your steadfast love.
Let them know that this is your hand;
you, O Lord, have done it.
Let them curse, but you will bless.
Let my assailants be put to shame; may your servant be glad.
May my accusers be clothed with dishonour;
may they be wrapped in their own shame as in a mantle.
With my mouth I will give great thanks to the Lord;
I will praise him in the midst of the throng.
For he stands at the right hand of the needy,
to save them from those who would condemn them to death.

For those would quote the Bible for their justifications, wouldn’t you think they can do a bit better than this?
The rich irony is that those who have chosen this Bible verse as a slogan clearly have no idea of the context and meaning of that which they quote.
The Bible clearly says the exact opposite of that which they imply.
via Daily Kos: The Real Irony of Psalm 109.

hurricane

President Obama is doing exactly what he is supposed to do. Many Christians forget that we have dual citizenship. Our kingdom is not of this world. The Bible has to be fulfilled. Whatever is going on now in our world would have happened if he where president or if someone else was president. Skin color has alot to do with it.

These are the days of Noah.