Prayer For Forgiven

azul11

Prayer For Forgiveness

I dont know what tools I need to be able to forgive. I am sure my life will be more healthy and I will be open to more blessings. I find myself struggling with forgiving family members more so than friends. What is also hard is trying to let go of the frustration and anger. I dont feel it in my every day but the mention of that person and I instantly become uncomfortable. I am asking for help to heal. Maybe someone can tell me how they were able to forgive. I think this is one of the biggest obstacles facing me and I dont think I will be able to move forward until I learn to forgive. God bless you all.

Last edited:

stcsweet

It's a long process, but it can happen with God's help. It took me many years before I could forgive one particular person who is a family member. My prayers were continuous and it didn't happen right away. But, I am thankful that God was able to help me to fully forgive. He will do the same for you.

I did a little searching and have found a good prayer for you to start with:

'I ask you now Lord, to give me the power to forgive
everyone who has hurt me.
help me to Forgive (say their name) for (what the circumstance is)
I have been hurt deeply and I cant get over it
but I confess it now in Jesus name
I ask that you forgive me of my sins
I have forgiven others
Now I call upon you as my deliverer
Your word says that whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord
will be delivered.
In Jesus' glorious name, Amen.'

The most important thing I want to get across to you is to not give up on turning that unforgiveness over to God in continuous prayer.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

azul11

Re: Prayer For Forgiveness

Thank you so much I am going to print this out. God bless you all.

pebbles

Re: Prayer For Forgiveness

Hi azul11, :wave:

Forgiving someone for a wrong they did you is very hard sometimes, but God wants us to forgive. When you don't forgive, that person and that hurt hold you enslaved. You are never really free, and when anger and resentment start to build up in your life, you'll be amazed at how just living your life day to day can become a hardship. Let me quote some scripture for you to meditate on. I hope it blesses you. :)

Romans 12:19-21 says:
"Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”says the Lord. On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I can testify to this. You'll find yourself asking God for mercy on their behalf! Trust me!!

Matthew 18:21-22

The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?” Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventyseven times," (Or seventy times seven).

Matthew 6:14-15 says:
"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

azul11

I'm late to my own thread but I am glad I looked through it again. Having anger and bitterness and not being able to forgive is like poison. It holds you down from ever being able to see your way through. I know sometimes the unresolved feelings you have over someone who has wronged you may seem larger than life but I now they can go away. I will pray for God to give the strength to forgive those who wronged me. God bless you all.