PPD/Bigen scare... Naturals what are you using to cover gray hair thats safe?

dlove

PPD is scaring me. I used Bigen, let it sit on head for the 30 minutes, and sat here reading about the possible ill effects of using it on the LHCF:wallbash:. Backwards, I know...

What are you gray haired sisters using?

If you are a henna user, link me to simple henna regimen.

List the products you are using with no PPD. I need something simple to use. I'm only 38 with 1/4 gray hair.

Thanks in advance!!:yawn:

Last edited:

napbella

I typically use bigen, but last week I decided to try henna....big mistake. It turned my gray orange and looks so stupid. I will be returning to bigen, that seems to be alot gentler than other dyes and I only use it maybe 3 times yearly. I'm 45 and we gray early in my family so I have been coloring for years now. Not just because of the gray but because I like variety, but as I got rid of the relaxer I wanted to try to ease away from all chemicals but I just can't get with the gray at this age, which was why I wanted to try henna but orange highlights are not for me. Hope you find what works for you. :yep:

mscocoface

I use henna with Indigo and have had n issues with this covering my gray. Check out the thread do ya'll henna. lots of info there. Indigo covers hair to black. Not sure if that is the color you want.

JFemme

I dont know how to do that click the link thing but if you search PPD you will find out...

thanks, I've since found the link and info....

very scary....:nono:

thank goodness I only use it every three months or so...

I'mma have to bounce for a better product...

S.t.a.t..:yep:

dlove

JFemme,

If and when you do please let me know. The gray will be showing up in at least 2 months....

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I typically use bigen, but last week I decided to try henna....big mistake. It turned my gray orange and looks so stupid. I will be returning to bigen, that seems to be alot gentler than other dyes and I only use it maybe 3 times yearly. I'm 45 and we gray early in my family so I have been coloring for years now. Not just because of the gray but because I like variety, but as I got rid of the relaxer I wanted to try to ease away from all chemicals but I just can't get with the gray at this age, which was why I wanted to try henna but orange highlights are not for me. Hope you find what works for you. :yep:

You have to apply indigo after henna to get black to brown tones. You only did half the process. Yes, henna adds orange to red tones to your hair if you use it by itself. If you decide to color your hair again using henna, I recommend you read the very extensive henna thread here on the board. I use henna/indiigo and I love my hair color (in my siggy).

HTH