Pictures and Steps to a fusion weave

cybra

Wow, I've never heard of "hair fusion" before. But, wouldn't something like that damage your natural hair? Also, how do you get that out since it's glued in?

cutebajangirl

On another board someone mentioned that they take it out with acetone and that it didn't damage their hair. The poster is a member here as well, Harlemglitz.

cybra

Thanx cbg, I'll do a search. It just amazes me all the stuff women are doing to there hair these days...boy, I need to catch up to the hair of the 21st century. I feel really prehistoric now

On another thread someone mentioned, "instant weave" and I thought, "what the heck is that?" I'm telling you, I do need to start buying some hair magazines or something.

Thanx again.

cutebajangirl

Your welcome, cybra. Divacurl, that was my first thought about acetone too. But then I started thinking some more. The funny thing is this board is all about healthy hair care but since I've been here I've been pondering more negative techniques to do to my hair than ever before. So I got to thinking and exactly how bad is removing it with acetone? As long as all the glue comes out and you deep condition/hot oil immediately before shampooing what real damage can the acetone do ? Sorry just thinking out loud.

GrowthSpurt

I know this sounds weird... but I use pure acetone as a toner on my face when I get chemical peels. It doesn't sting at all..it smells horrible. But my dermatologist said that it totally strips everything from your face and re-balances the pH level in your skin. So who knows.
I still wonder about fusion though. It just doesn't sound good.

Kaela

Acetone is a really strong solvent. If anyone has had chemistry lab, you know that you use acetone as a final cleaner for all your glassware, it dissolves most residues and is very stripping. I don't know what it does to your hair, but I would imagine it would strip it to the point where the integrity of the strands were hurt a bit. But, thats based on my own theory, not on documented fact. Also, if you've used it to remove polish from your nails, it does strip and dry out your natural nail.

philasweet

No actually its not a glue that u use its more of a wax and it can be melted off using the gun or a curling iron to remove a row.. They also provide a oil that removes it. I will assume anything grease would do the track.

I was going to try it on my own head I'm pretty savvy but everyoe was advising against it. but it looks simply enough?????