(pics) 2010- A Lesson of Minimal Growth and Too Many Products!

illuminatiamerica

I spent over $1,000 dollars on hair products, wigs and vitamins this year, beginning in January 2010.

My hair pic is in my album. No, Im not going to a dermatologist and pay him to tell me I have alopecia areata from hair glue and relaxers. No, I dont have medical issues that caused the bald spot. Yes, I've fixed the issue before, but messed it up again perming my hair trying to "fix" my natural napps so they can look pretty and straight.

I found one person this year who went from bald spots to hair and thats Twinkeez2003, youtube, with a product she made called Myah Butter.
I usually get frustrated after 2 weeks due to seeing no progress, using too much stuff, not having a hair buddy (lol), and depression over the bald spots. To all the ladies with no hair problems, be grateful for what you have on your head! I conclude that Product Junkyism is an ism I will do away with.

Here is a list of the main money wasters and products that made my hair SUPER DRY: :whyme:

HORSETAIL BUTTER, EAST AFRICAN SHEA BUTTER, WEST AFRICAN SHEA BUTTER, JBCO CASTOR OIL, PALMERS GRO SUCCESS, MOE GROWTH OIL, LACIO LACIO (some bullsheit), VO5 MOISTURE MILKS (i had to mix it with Giovanni and leave it on for 3 hours to get my hair soft). I conclude the JBCO we are getting is not the kind my aunt in St. Croix let me use which made my hairline grow in 2006. Hers was way thicker and had a more pungent smell and she didnt buy it from a company.

Hydratherma Naturals Leave In is the only thing I think that makes my 9 ether hair soft, but their Follicle Invigorator didnt grow my hairline and bald spot. I bought it because of the title (Follicle Invigorator). I used it for 3 months :perplexed. Boundless Tresses didnt do anything for the alopecia, but I recommended it to several women I've seen out in public with bald spots. Megatek started breaking my hair off but worked on one portion of my hairline. Claudie's Elixir was working, but I got depressed and threw it away the 2nd week. :perplexed For 2011, I will stop using so many products. I will.... I've got my hair to grow back before, and I will use the method I tried in 2007 (low manipulation and using 1 or 2 things for at least 6 months)

P.s. What Do you think these ladies used to grow their hair?

Hotep (Peace) :grin:

Last edited:

hannan

It's not that bad :look:

Seriously though, try and stick with one product for a longer period and see if that works. It sounds like you're doing too much manipulation and experimentation and your hair is hating it.

Last edited:

Ijanei

Aww don't give up after only 2 weeks, I found out that this hair thing takes patience and lots of it. And um... about that preparation h? was that for growth too? I'm not being funny, I'm really being serious. (never know since I'm guilty of using MN and it works:look:)

illuminatiamerica

i found a posting about a lady getting dry eyes and headaches from the neosporin af so i left the preparation h alone (after 3 days)
the preparation h with biodyne is the one i think i should have purchased

Ijanei

i found a posting about a lady getting dry eyes and headaches from the neosporin af so i left the preparation h alone (after 3 days)
the preparation h with biodyne is the one i think i should have purchased

oh...thanks. Does it work just like MN?

beauti

girl lacia lacio and vo5 moisture milks are the BOMB!! they're so moisturizing...:yep: but girl that stash is NOTHIN compared to what i got :look: so dont feel bad....hope you find the products that work best for you

Pompous Blue

Are there any topical solutions or medicines the doctor prescribed for you? Did you give them a chance to work or were there any side effects?

I agree. I would stop with the relaxers and glue and also stick with a simple regimen to give it a chance to work. I don't have any product recommendations 'cause the 1st 4 products you listed are staples of mine except I do horsetail rinses and don't use the horsetail butter.

I saw your pictures and pray that 2011 is a success in beating this disease.

Oh, didn't the Egyptians shave their heads so that the wigs would fit better? So, I don't think they have any growth secrets.

HHG

Tiye

I spent over $1,000 dollars on hair products and vitamins this year, beginning in January 2010.
Here's a picture of the product junkie madness:

P.s. What Do you think these ladies used to grow their hair?

Hotep (Peace) :grin:

^^ HORSETAIL BUTTER, EAST AFRICAN SHEA BUTTER, WEST AFRICAN SHEA BUTTER, JBCO CASTOR OIL ... clay and other assorted n sundry juices n berries, etc., etc.

You need to give products time to work. None of them work in two weeks. Unless your hair loss is permanent, JBCO will help with bald spots.

When you think about it, 1000/year is less than 100/month which is less than some women spend in salons anyway. You can benefit by streamlining. You only need one of everything. Putting 50-11 things in your hair can make it dry. Pick your best products and leave the rest alone. Since you already have a lot in your stash your bill for 2011 should be even cheaper.

empressri

ive heard shea butter rubbed into the affected areas consistently can help hair grow back if the follicles arent too badly damaged.

the egyptians wore a lot of wigs but used crocodile dung, honey and some powder that i cant think of in their hair. well those were a few of the things. oh castor oil also. i know they also used castor oil on their skin as a protectant.

illuminatiamerica

Empress, I've looked at alot of your videos for the past 2 years and u r awesome!
Im taking a break right now. I did product overload on my hair because I was just looking for the fix to the issue. The Egyptians were black people just like us. Look at King Tut's Grandma Tye. I dont think she had a bald head. What is this on her head? Is it a fro? She looked good.

illuminatiamerica

Beauti, I'm thinking the water in my house is hard water. It smells like chlorine when you turn the faucet on. Maybe thats why v05 moisture milks does nothing.

empressri

Empress, I've looked at alot of your videos for the past 2 years and u r awesome!
Im taking a break right now. I did product overload on my hair because I was just looking for the fix to the issue. The Egyptians were black people just like us. Look at King Tut's Grandma Tye. I dont think she had a bald head. What is this on her head? Is it a fro? She looked good.

thanks sis!!

i mean it's hard to tell cause they wore wigs or added things to their real hair to make it look fuller. but they were black! and not elizabeth taylor, they were black.