Paul Brown Hawaii Relaxers - Anyone ever use them?

peacelove

Anyone here ever use Paul Brown Relaxer? I was in an Aveda Salon the other day and out of curiosity asked them what relaxer they used and they said it was this one. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with it. TIA!

relaxers.jpg

I have never heard of this relaxer before but damn, the marketing sounds rather disturbing to me. I was instantly turned off, and as a result would not use this relaxer. Maybe I am being a bit sensitive but those words underlined rubbed me the wrong way.

Product Description
Paul Brown Hawaii Super Relacks is a Super Strength Relaxer that is formulated with Sodium Hydroxide to relax extra curly hair. Can be used on all hair textures including color with proper instruction.

The chemical ingredients found in Paul Brown Relaxers are necessary to relax the most curly/wavy hair textures found in every ethnicity; these ingredients have to be aggressive enough to penetrate and restructure these hair types.

Not every ethnic group have tight curls or need their curls relaxed. I am tired of the generalization and lumping.

Last edited:
I don't think that is what they are saying - I think they are saying that curly/wavy hair patterns can be found in every ethnicity (as opposed to just black) - which is very true. Nor do they say that tighter curls need to be relaxed, but if that is what you are trying to do, you need a stronger chemical. That too is true...

Haven't used their Relaxer, but I have their Reconstructor, a Manuka Mud Masque and a Hot Oil Treatment. :yep:

I like the Reconstructor, although it is extremely lightweight it has Kukui Nut & other good lipids. Haven't tried the other 2 yet.

Was interested in trying more Paul Brown Hawaii Products, i.e. conditioners just never got around to purchasing them.

Sorry I can't help you with the Relaxer.

Back