panicking...please help!

Leslie_C

ok my hair is shedding and breaking(all long hairs but all dont have bulbs) like mad all of the sudden.
Lately I have been shedding a little more than usual, but I wasnt too worried because it was just a little hair in the comb but nothing alarming. I am currently 8.5 weeks post relaxer, and my hair is getting tangled and knotted from airdrying I guess. Im really worried because I just washed, conditioned, and airdried, but as Im handling my hair, if I pull it, several strands are coming out at a time. Ive done this several times. now Im lookin at the bathroom trashcan and it looks like a good amount of hair and I just washed a few days ago so its not like I should have a lot of shed hair stuck in my head.

I dont comb often but as tangled as my hair has been getting, Im beginning to rethink that tactic, but then again, the more I manipulate it, the more it comes out. Im really afraid guys, please tell me what to do!

Should I go ahead and relax next week? should I do a protein treatment? please help, Im afraid Im gonna go bald!

TigerLily

I wouldn't relax yet. I would go ahead and deep condition and do a protein treatment. Keep your hair well moisturized and keep in protective styles.

There is a garlic shampoo that people have used called Nutrine garlic shampoo that's specifically for shedding/breaking that you might want to look into you.

HTH!

KaiT

Oh wow..I went through this like 2 weeks ago. I used Nexxus Emergencee and then some LeKair Cholesteral (sp) and the breaking and shedding stopped immediately. I didn't realize that I had been stressing and this was a result of that. ITA with Tigerlily..keep it well moisturized as well.

hOnii

this happens to me when i need a perm. if i were you, i'd see a hairdresser asap! just try not to comb or brush it and you should be okay.

Tracy

Determine whether it's shedding or breaking that you're experiencing BEFORE you try Nutrine Garlic (if you decide to). It's best used on seasonal shedding or shedding due to hormonal reasons having to do with menopause, birth control pills and the like. It can exacerbate breakage - so be careful.

ubavka123

Maybe you should try doing more conditioner washes than shampoos? When I get that far along in my touch-up, I have to reduce the frequency of shampooing and increase conditioner washing. I always shed more when I shampoo than when I co wash. Also, resist the temptation to pull at your ends and check for loose hairs. Make a bun and forget about it until it dries. If all else fails and you are at your wits end, don't feel badly about breaking down and getting the touch-up. HTH

Shatani

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
I wouldn't relax yet. I would go ahead and deep condition and do a protein treatment. Keep your hair well moisturized and keep in protective styles.

There is a garlic shampoo that people have used called Nutrine garlic shampoo that's specifically for shedding/breaking that you might want to look into you.

HTH!

[/ QUOTE ]is this something you can find in a store, or is it something that needs to be ordered from the internet??? cuz ive been having the same problem

~T~

TigerLily

I'm really not sure where you get the Nutrine, Shatani. I know that AJamericanDiva has used it. Maybe you can PM her.

Leslie_C

thx for the advice ladies,

I know Im making it worse because I keep taking my hair out and going through it tugging loose hair...*sigh* yeah its not a normal amount to lose since I just washed a few days ago. I had wet hair strands sticking to my skin,hanging loose,AND in the comb!

thx for the co wash tip, Ill start using them more often.
To kind of think of it, Ive been very stressed at work but Im transferring to a different store with less drama so that should help. Also, I have been on BC for a few months and wonder if thats causing it?

I would say maybe half could be shedding and the other breakage at the demarkation line because I notice some little short fly aways. all the strands are long strands but I can tell which ones are shed because they have squigly roots and a white tip.

Im going to try the emergencee and deep condition and then probably see if it stops and relax at the end of the week.

I feel like Im going to have a set back if this continues because I have made so much progress but losing handfuls of hairstrands cant be helping! my hair isnt very thick to begin with!