PAGING CRYSDON!!!

Julia

Hi Crysdon,

Believe it or not I am still struggling with identifying my hair type. What is your hair like when wet and what products do you use that work for you. Also what is your routine and how long can you go between relaxers if you do not mind me asking?

Thank you,
/images/graemlins/dance7.gif

Hi Julia,

What is your hair like when wet and what products do you use that work for you.

<font color="blue"> My hair is curly when wet, it kinda looks like a fresh jheri curl. The products that work for me are products with cones. I typically use Creme of Nature shampoo, Motions Moisturizing conditioner, and Infusium 23 leave-in conditioner. I also have Aubreys GPB protein, Motions CPR, Queen Helene cholesterol (Orange jar and Green jar) Wild Growth oil, x-tra virgin olive oil, s-curl activator (tip from Adrienne - gotta give you props girl /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and White Rain clarifying shampoo to remove the buildup of cones about every month.</font>

Also what is your routine and how long can you go between relaxers if you do not mind me asking?

<font color="blue"> Right now, I'm doing conditioner washes with Suave Coconut conditioner and it works great with my roller sets. After the conditioner wash I put in a moisturizing conditioner and sit under the heat cap for 20 minutes, rinse in the shower, then I spray the Infusium 23 leave-in and roller set. Since it is cold in the midwest, I am not wearing my hair curly, but I will when summer hits. Usually in the summer I wear my hair in a curly pom-pom in the center of my head or just part it on the side and finger comb into a bob. I rinse my hair everyday in the summer and just spray the leave in and curl activator. I get a touch-up every 12 weeks. I could go 16 weeks in the summer. I'm going to post pictures of both the curly style and the straight style after my next touch-up in April.</font>

This is how my hair looks after a wash as well. Right now I am trying to develop a routine that works for my hair. So I am experimenting with different products/combination of products etc. I am also trying to recover from some damamge that was done to my hair because of a bad or bad experiences with my ex-hairdresser that occurred last November. I am still feeling the effects of it.

Thanks for your response. /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

I have used all of the products that you mentioned (with the exception of WGO and Aubreys GPB protein) and they seem to work well in may hair. I am going to try some NO Poo washes and see how they work.

You're welcome!

Definitely get the WGO...with our hair type a little goes a long way. I usually use between 5-7 drops, rub it slightly in my palms then go over the entire length. The Aubreys GPB is a good protein conditioner and it's so gentle and won't dry out your hair, yet still I use a moisturising conditioner afterwards.

The no poo washes have put life in my hair. It gives good moisture. Try the Suave coconut conditioner and don't forget to rinse about 5 minutes first, then work the conditioner into your hair like you normally would a shampoo. You'll be surprised at how it feels afterwards and it does cleanse your scalp.

Back