Question page not avaliable

lucky8502

Hi,
Everytime I try to access a page it says page not available can somebody let me know what the problem is. I also saw somebody else was having the same problem but I am not able to get onto the page to see what has been said about this issue.

Can you please post the page you are trying to access (the link) as well as your browser specs (Chrome, IE, FF etc.)

dimopoulos -- I can no longer access the LHCF site from work via Internet Explorer. I keep getting an error message that the DNS server can not be located. My understanding is that this message populates when your connectivity is not fast enough for the LHCF site. However, I use to access LHCF from work all the time with no issues and now all of a sudden, there are issues.

In addition, there are times when I try to access LHCF with IE by using the LHCF homepage, I get an error message indicating page not available. To access the site, I have to google a LHCF thread, click on that link which takes me to that thread, then and only then can I navigate to other areas of LHCF.

I find these events to be true with using IE and Mozilla FF.

Can you access the site from work with anything other than IE? If no again then it is your work network.

I have found that IE has some weird cache that renews itself whenever it wants to. The site is no longer slow. I run tests on it and the start to finish on a page is on average 6.5 seconds. The content itself is between 1.5-2 seconds.

What link are you using? The old links we had for the forum had the /forum/ in the URL whereas we don't have that any more.

Can you access the site using IE and just typing the address in your browser's address bar?

I got the message trying to access this thread in Googe Chrome:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/entertainment-celebrity-news-more/505345-colored-girls-screening.html#post12149305

I was able to access the same thread using IE which I also have on my computer. It is a message from NGiNX that says, "Page not available. Contact the administrator." I also get it while I'm already viewing a thread. If I click from page "1" (which I was able to view) to page "2" I get the error message.
I've gotten that message here recently with IE and FF.

Can you access the site from work with anything other than IE? If no again then it is your work network.

I have found that IE has some weird cache that renews itself whenever it wants to. The site is no longer slow. I run tests on it and the start to finish on a page is on average 6.5 seconds. The content itself is between 1.5-2 seconds.

What link are you using? The old links we had for the forum had the /forum/ in the URL whereas we don't have that any more.

Can you access the site using IE and just typing the address in your browser's address bar?
IE is the only browser allowed at work unfortunately so I'm unsure if this DNS issue would hold true for other browsers. Perhaps it is my work's network but why would that all of sudden become an issue? Know you can't answer this since it appears to be my work's network that's experiencing difficulties but it's just ironic how the series of events are playing out. As for IE's cache, thank you, noted.

Since the site is/was experiencing so many issues, I've now resorted to googling 'lhcf' everytime to log on. From my google search, if I click on the "LHCF - The Front Page" link to go to the Front Page -- this page is unavailable a lot of times -- matter of fact, it's unavailable right now as I type -- error message received: "404 not found". From my google search, if I click on on the sub item labeled "Forum" instead of "LHCF - The Front Page," it takes me directly into the forums without any issues.

Thx for attempting to assist

Last night was a really long one but I think we managed to get a lot of the bugs out of the system. You should no longer be seeing 404 pages. If you do please let me know.

Ok, as of yesterday, I can't get on using Firefox. It will load the forums occasionally, but it's almost impossible to read threads or blog posts because they time out immediately. I get the bad 400 error/NGiNX thing.

I just switched back to IE and it's ok, it takes forver to load and it's loading with "errors". (Again, I have Chrome at home, it's fine on Chrome.)

The error using IE says, "skimlinks" is undefined. And it takes about 4 minutes for each page to load.

Ditto what 1QTPie said. I can't get on with Firefox and IE is slooooooooooow. I get the nginx error as well. It's been happening for about 2 or 3 days.

Back