ORS LYE RELAXER for Fine to Normal Hair

Sunshine0801

I have fine hair and am strongly considering purchasing this relaxer for my first texlax. I think I would mix it with 2 tablespoons of EVOO and conditioner, just to be safe...

Has anyone with fine hair used this? What were your results?

ETA: I do not see this product on the website for ORS. Do they still make it???

Last edited:

SimpleKomplexity

I didn't do a texlax, but I relax ith this relaxer every 8 weeks. It works very well and doens't leave my hair dry or damaged looking I love it

SweetCaramel1

is this the one in the box? my hair is not fine, but it got my hair VERY straight. follow the directions to a T if you don't want to overprocess your hair.

my hair is very thick and course in some sections, and it was very flat/straight for a couple of weeks. not trying to scare you just being honest.

i'm not sure if we're talking about the same product. the one i used was in the box that you mix at home.

CAPlush

My hair is fine/normal, and it is a good relaxer. I don't texlax, I go to about 90% straight. It is pretty strong and it works quickly on my hair, my hair is not resistant to relaxers. I would add some oils to cut the strength, work quickly, and don't do much smoothing. My processing time is 15 min in the back and 10 min in the front for 90% straight.

Sunshine0801

is this the one in the box? my hair is not fine, but it got my hair VERY straight. follow the directions to a T if you don't want to overprocess your hair.

my hair is very thick and course in some sections, and it was very flat/straight for a couple of weeks. not trying to scare you just being honest.

i'm not sure if we're talking about the same product. the one i used was in the box that you mix at home.

I think you're talking about the no-lye relaxer. The one I'm talking about doesn't come in a box. The no-lye comes in a box with some other products, I think.

Sunshine0801

My hair is fine/normal, and it is a good relaxer. I don't texlax, I go to about 90% straight. It is pretty strong and it works quickly on my hair, my hair is not resistant to relaxers. I would add some oils to cut the strength, work quickly, and don't do much smoothing. My processing time is 15 min in the back and 10 min in the front for 90% straight.

This is good to know. I was planning on texlaxing for 10 minutes but it sounds like I will have to reduce my time!

Do you know how much time the instructions say to leave it on?

CAPlush

This is good to know. I was planning on texlaxing for 10 minutes but it sounds like I will have to reduce my time!

Do you know how much time the instructions say to leave it on?

10-11 min for fine hair, and 12-15 min for normal hair. I would cut the time down by the % curl you want retained.