ORS Edge Control Users

pet

Hi Ladies!

My hair is pressed and I posted last week on "edge control" recommendations that would not revert my pressed hair. ORS Edge Control was recommended by 4 members, so you know I had to go out and get it...lol. I used a very small amount on my edges yesterday (because I know the first ingredient is water), and it did leave my edges very soft and somewhat held, but on one side it flaked a little (and by little I mean you really had to look). So on youtube there are many great reviews about this product, but there are a few that claims that it flakes. It's weird because it's like 10 out of 10 for a lot of people, and then a 1 out of 10 for a few. Could it be the application? I applied with only my fingers yesterday.

So my question for members that uses this product, how do you apply it so it doesn't flake? I know a few people damp their edges first, but I obviously can't do that, so any other suggestions?

Thanks,
~Pet

beana

I have the ORS edge control and Jam regular hold formula. I like the Jam much more. I've tried both right after heat styling and neither of them prevent reversion fully but they help. I emulsify with my fingers then rub in slightly, i use a baby brush to smooth.

I give the ors 5/10 and the Jam 7.5/10

sarathu

Hi Ladies!

My hair is pressed and I posted last week on "edge control" recommendations that would not revert my pressed hair. ORS Edge Control was recommended by 4 members, so you know I had to go out and get it...lol. I used a very small amount on my edges yesterday (because I know the first ingredient is water), and it did leave my edges very soft and somewhat held, but on one side it flaked a little (and by little I mean you really had to look). So on youtube there are many great reviews about this product, but there are a few that claims that it flakes. It's weird because it's like 10 out of 10 for a lot of people, and then a 1 out of 10 for a few. Could it be the application? I applied with only my fingers yesterday.

So my question for members that uses this product, how do you apply it so it doesn't flake? I know a few people damp their edges first, but I obviously can't do that, so any other suggestions?

Thanks,
~Pet

Did you have other product on your edges? Because when you put it on top of other products that's when it's gets white and a little flaky. I usually only use it right after a wash when I'm going to to bun dry so I put it on my naked edges and then put product in the rest of my hair.

kandegirl

It doesn't flake for me but it does get white when too much of it or other products are added to my hair. I put it on, brush my edges then tie it down w. a scarf. I used Hick Transformations first before ORS made the exact same formula.

pet

Thanks for the responses! Many of you brushed it in after you put some on, and then tied down your hair with a scarf....I didn't do that. So, next time I'll tie my head for 10 minutes. I didn't put any other product on before using the edge control.

mzsophisticated26

I always brush it in and on like day 3 I apply mist of water or elasta qp h two before I use the edge control to prevent.white build up or flakes. I also apply a dab of serum if I dont want to wet my.hair

Glib Gurl

I just tried this to help hold an "up do" in this hot weather and so far, so good. I put it on last night when my hair was damp and tied it up. This morning, after taking out my rollers, I put on some light hairspray as insurance :lol: No flyaways, no flakes, little reversion.

Thumbs up!