Organix Vanilla Silk Conditioner

SmilingElephant

Is :drool:!!!!!

I co-washed with it yesterday after taking down my braids from my flexi-rod style and the texture is sooooo thick & creamy and my hair smelled like a vanilla latte or something....i'm gonna use it again tomorrow after i clarify to detangle. I would also use this as a leave in!!:yep:

Looking forward to using more Organix products :woohoo:

Question....it says no sulfates yet there is a weird sulfate name listed...why is that? Anybody know??:look:...i can't spell it not gonna try...lol:grin:

MonPetite

I've reviewed this and a lot of other conditioners and shampoos from Organix! They're fantastic. I also love that you can get them at any major, mega-mart chain store in the US.

lilsparkle825

i love the smell of this conditioner, but i like the slip of HE HH more. it is very fragrant, and so is the coconut one.

Faux

I have the vanilla silk and coconut milk conditioners. Lately I use them as leave-ins. My hair loves them both! The anti-breakage serum is also delicious.

I want to buy an Organix product every time I am at CVS or Target,, but the price stops me. :p

asubeauty

I have the tea tree mint shampoo and conditioner, but my hair doesn't like it. The shampoo is too harsh and the conditioner doesn't have enough slip for me. Is it just me?

13StepsAhead

YES! I LOVE ORGANIX conditioners. they give me great slip( this is extremely important for my 9mths post hair) and smell great! Haven't tried the vanilla silk, bt will try asap.

ETA: oh yeah they were recently on sale for 3.99 at Shoprite in NJ, so I stocked up on my FAV coconut milk.

Last edited:

JuiceMobsta

Is :drool:!!!!!

I co-washed with it yesterday after taking down my braids from my flexi-rod style and the texture is sooooo thick & creamy and my hair smelled like a vanilla latte or something....i'm gonna use it again tomorrow after i clarify to detangle. I would also use this as a leave in!!:yep:

Looking forward to using more Organix products :woohoo:

Question....it says no sulfates yet there is a weird sulfate name listed...why is that? Anybody know??:look:...i can't spell it not gonna try...lol:grin:

Awww Lawd...:rolleyes: We already know which one you gettin next! That Mocha Madness!! :lachen:

I know what you're talkin about, I think it's just an ingredient that is alot less harsh than actual sulfates, but it sounds like it is derived from sulfate...lol just with the "di" and the "osuccin" added on :giggle:

Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate!!!

There, I said it!!! :look:

JuiceMobsta

YES! I LOVE ORGANIX conditioners. they give me great slip( this is extremely important for my 9mths post hair) and smell great! Haven't tried the vanilla silk, bt will try asap.

ETA: oh yeah they were recently on sale for 3.99 at Shoprite in NJ, so I stocked up on my FAV coconut milk.

:shocked::eyebrows2:shocked: Off to find some sales! :cowgirl:

Toy

I have this conditioner i haven't used it yet but i LOVE ORGANIX CONDITIONER.

Victorian

old head
I use and love this conditioner--as a matter of fact I've only got a drizzle left in the bottle now. I also love the blow dry cream from this line. It's worth its weight in gold. I've thought about getting the serum next, as I know I like the serum from the coconut milk line (and the shampoo and conditioner). There are so many Organix products I'd like to try out -- gotta pace myself. I recently bought the Shea Butter conditioner so I'm working my way through that bottle now.

Organix is boss. High quality, reasonable prices, multiple lines/formulations for different needs, delicious scents, readily available in local stores...If I could only use one brand for any and all hair care products it would be Organix :yep:

SmilingElephant

Awww Lawd...:rolleyes: We already know which one you gettin next! That Mocha Madness!! :lachen:

I know what you're talkin about, I think it's just an ingredient that is alot less harsh than actual sulfates, but it sounds like it is derived from sulfate...lol just with the "di" and the "osuccin" added on :giggle:

Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate!!!

There, I said it!!! :look:

And you KNOW this...thanx for finding that sulfate or non sulfate...i was thinking that too but i wasn't sure:scratchchin:

I'm gonna TRY and wait til i finish this vanilla silk before i get the mocha madness:grin:...but you KNOW im gonna get it!!

My sister braided my hair today btw...to keep my mind off of transitioning. So i will be using my vs next week to co wash:yep:. I reeeeally wanna try that blowdry cream though:lick:...is that meant to be a leave in or something?

Victorian

old head
Yes, the blowdry cream is a leave-in. It's the last thing I put on my hair before blowdrying, so if I'm using the Coconut Milk Anti-breakage serum (awesome for detangling) and/or my Ojon spray leave-in, I'll put that on first, then the blow dry cream. It helps smooth and condition the hair and protect it from the heat. It definitely leaves my hair silky :yep: The consistency is like a cross between a creamy leave-in and a serum. Go ahead, try some :poke:
:lol:

Blckbeautie

I have the Shea Butter condish, but I havent used it yet. i have about 5,003,022,876,093,033 other conditioners to use up FIRST!

lmao

but i have heard great things about Organix and the renpure line.

SmilingElephant

I have the Shea Butter condish, but I havent used it yet. i have about 5,003,022,876,093,033 other conditioners to use up FIRST!

lmao<<-----indeed!!:laugh:

but i have heard great things about Organix and the renpure line.

Too funny...i think that's an actual number...lol!!

BlackCardinal don't stir up my pj'ness....i am SO gonna get that blowdry cream!!!...is it anything like the coco-creme leave in from shescentit.com or have you tried it yet?...I love the coco-creme leave in:lick:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I have the tea tree mint shampoo and conditioner, but my hair doesn't like it. The shampoo is too harsh and the conditioner doesn't have enough slip for me. Is it just me?

It's not just you. I HATE the shampoo, I swear it clarifies my hair and the conditioner is just alright. I have the coconut milk.

Keshieshimmer

It's not just you. I HATE the shampoo, I swear it clarifies my hair and the conditioner is just alright. I have the coconut milk.

I got the coconut and pomegranate conditioners. I may rebuy the pomegranate one but I didn't like the coconut. I want to try the vanilla silk just b/c I LOVE vanilla scented stuff.