Online BSS has Humecto 5lb tub for $36..Is that good?

lilamae

Everywhere else was like $47-$50. I just wanted to make sure this is the best that I do before I click the purchase button :user:.

If I get responses asking me which site it is, I'll know it a good deal, and I'll hurry up and go order my 2 buckets before you heffas get a hold of their entire stash:cowgirl:.

Nah, but I will post the site if you guys respond...thanks in advance.

poookie

that was me!

i bought my tub for $31, and it came yesterday... i'm scrambling through my room to find my receipt from the site i got it from, so i'll let you know!

lilamae

that was me!

i bought my tub for $31, and it came yesterday... i'm scrambling through my room to find my receipt from the site i got it from, so i'll let you know!

does it look and smell like the real stuff? if so, please let us know where.

This site is called Irbys Beauty Supply.

sonce

yup :yep:

i don't really like the smell (smells a bit like roses and other flowery scents, but i'm not a flower kind of girl)

but it's really good as a pre-poo.
Pre-poo meaning that you use it before shampoo? Is that to detangle or to moisturize?

How is it as a moisturizing deep conditioner (that is what I would be using it for)? And how is the texture? (I am looking for something thick, not watery)

Would you or anyone else mind posting the ingredients? Thanks.

Last edited:
Pre-poo meaning that you use it before shampoo? Is that to detangle or to moisturize?

How is it as a moisturizing deep conditioner (that is what I would be using it for)? And how is the texture? (I am looking for something thick, not watery)

Would you or anyone else mind posting the ingredients? Thanks.

It is a moisturizing DC - until now I've never heard of anyone using it for a pre-poo. Pre-pooing is like a prep step before shampooing or washing your hair. Some people do it with oils, protein based conditioners, moisturizing conditioners, etc. Some people detangle beforehand others detangle after DCing it's really a choice of preference. It is not thick..nor is it thin...I would say it's somewhere in the middle. Here are the ingredients.

Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner Professional Formula: Water. Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Isostearate, Polyquaternium-32 (and) Mineral Oil, Quaternium-80, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Extracts of: (Nettle, Pine, Burdock, Chamomile, Marigold, Rosemary, Ivy, Arnica, Lime, Corn Flower, Wild Chamomile, St. John's wort, Water-cress, and Garlic), Perfume, Methylaparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazolinone. Only "bad" ingredient is the mineral oil i think.

I personally love this conditioner....it's the only one I've found that makes my hair consistently softer after each wash I use it as a DC...can't say that about any other products I've tried thus far. Plenty have felt great while on my hair then I wash them out and it's like...ash city...:ohwell:fogetaboutit! Totally worth it in my opinion. You can also get free samples from the company if you write to them: here is the link:

http://www.avlon.com/keracare.html

poookie

i use it to moisturize / deep condition (sort of?) on dry hair. last wash i left it on my head for about 3 hours before using my shampoo bar and conditioning again.