OK I GOT MY FIRST SUBTLE COMMENT ABOUT MY BUN

Wolftrap

Ever since that thread about the bun challenge I decided to give it a try. I know I can't do a year but I was going to go as long as possible. So far its been roughly 2 months my hair has been in a bun.

SOOO....Today my best friend tells me, "Hey I'm going to get my hair done after work, you wanna join me". She KNOWS I am doing this bun thing so she already knew my answer. She is trying to tell me on the sly to lose the bun. You ladies know how anti-bun I was and it almost killed me to start wearing my hair like this but the sly way of telling me you need to do something with your hair kind of bothered me. /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

Wolftrap, just think about the wonderful growth you'll get protecting your ends. That is my motivation for walking around like some school teacher. I also decided on the weekends when I go out or just chill around the house to lose the bun. Can you try alternating?

Well I'm getting my hair braided in about 2 weeks so that should solve that problem. I am leaving it in braids for about 5 months

Another thing, try doing different bun looks. A french bun is still a bun; a lose bun w/ pretty bobby pins is still a bun; a curly bun is still a bun. You don't have to be slicked back to have a bun.

Change them up weekly. As long as your hair is up and your ends are protected, you have a bun. Buy different hair clips...etc. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing, try doing different bun looks. A french bun is still a bun; a lose bun w/ pretty bobby pins is still a bun; a curly bun is still a bun. You don't have to be slicked back to have a bun.

Change them up weekly. As long as your hair is up and your ends are protected, you have a bun. Buy different hair clips...etc. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I use hairsticks I didn't think my bun was that bad

untitled-vi.jpg

That looks really nice! /images/graemlins/up.gif I think you should keep the bun until you get the braids.

Your bun looks great, your friend will be kicking herself when she sees how long your hair gets after the bun program. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your bun looks nice. I like the chop sticks...I should use mine more often. Don't mind her.
My friend said something similar last night. I made a comment about letting my hair down for a party we're both going to and she says "yeah every time I see you, you have your hair up." Yeah it's been down about 2-3x in 3 months...I'm thinking SO WHAT?! LOL! All I know is my hair is behaving beautifully and I'm loving the way it is so....??? LOL!

[ QUOTE ]
Ever since that thread about the bun challenge I decided to give it a try. I know I can't do a year but I was going to go as long as possible. So far its been roughly 2 months my hair has been in a bun.

SOOO....Today my best friend tells me, "Hey I'm going to get my hair done after work, you wanna join me". She KNOWS I am doing this bun thing so she already knew my answer. She is trying to tell me on the sly to lose the bun. You ladies know how anti-bun I was and it almost killed me to start wearing my hair like this but the sly way of telling me you need to do something with your hair kind of bothered me. /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And when your hair is down to your you-know-what, you can say to her "wanna join me?" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks ladies. You made me feel a lot better. I am going to keep my bun for another two weeks and then get the braids. My friend who said this though is not a hater. Her hair is past her bra strap. She is just really into looking fashionable. But I'm not going to let her comments keep me from my goal.

Hmph...my friends keep telling me to take the bun down. I reply, "No can do, homie, you KNOW I'm on the 365 day challenge" /images/graemlins/rofl.gif. I have been getting my hair done and putting my bun in before I even get out of the salon, and I don't care who doesn't like it (stylist included /images/graemlins/smile.gif). Anyway, I think what itisme said is key...a bunch of different buns really doesn't seem like the same hairstyle. Sometimes, even my friends have to say, "Ok, now THAT bun is cute".

PS--Thanks, Wolftrap for your bun suggestion with the hair scrunchie thing. I have been meaning to send you a pm thanks, because without it, I do not think I could still be on the challenge /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I don't know how to do it myself yet, but I get my friend to do it for me at least 3 times a week (sometimes in the back, other times on the side, occasionally on the top) and I just love it /images/graemlins/up.gif.

[ QUOTE ]

PS--Thanks, Wolftrap for your bun suggestion with the hair scrunchie thing. I have been meaning to send you a pm thanks, because without it, I do not think I could still be on the challenge /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I don't know how to do it myself yet, but I get my friend to do it for me at least 3 times a week (sometimes in the back, other times on the side, occasionally on the top) and I just love it /images/graemlins/up.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I'm glad I can help. That's what this board is all about. I still do my buns like this and it is so easy to do I'm sure you will get the hang of it.

Wolftrap, your phony pony that you had on Saturday looked great! Continue doing what your doing and don't let anyone else discourage you.

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap, your phony pony that you had on Saturday looked great! Continue doing what your doing and don't let anyone else discourage you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks so much, I am trying to do different things and was kind of up in the air about the braids but after seeing how beautiful your hair was on Saturday and you saying you did the thing I am definitely going to braid it up this winter.

Back